Why are men so slobbish nowadays?

Men go around unshaven, in faded/torn up jeans, t-shirts, caps and rugged sneakers sporting long unkempt, uncut hair and unruly beards. What happened to decent grooming and men taking care in their appearance? Women put the effort in! Why not us? What is wrong with shaving and a clean face? making sure your hair is nice? What is wrong with fitted/smart clothes?

Sometimes I thing that the baby-boomer generation in their quest for liberation destroyed the male sense of pride in their appearance and the way they present themselves to the world.

Most Helpful Guy

• You've been hanging out with Osama and his crew for way too long mate!

What Girls Said 11

• I like an unshaved man in faded jeans, a t-shirt, and rugged sneakers.

As long as he doesn't smell bad, and the beard isn't that long, then it works for me.

• I think that a lot of times men do put a lot of effort into that look. Its just the current style. Although, I think that may change quite a bit depending on where you are. For example, in some places, guys may have "messy" beards/hair, but dress in really nice, well-fitting, clean clothes. Again, its all just what's in style right now. Unless you're talking about guys who just really don't care. Then I can't help you out much.

• Welp, I totally go around in faded/torn jeans and rugged sneakers. D;

• I think it depends on the culture really...Like where I live and the Guys I know, boys are really as vain as girls in My opinion Actually too much so when I see a guy more Laid Back its fresh to me lol like thank God a guy that isn't such a princess...

Where I live If you are curious is Brazil and Guys aren't slobbish at all...

I do love a guy with a messy hair But its pretty rare here...Argentinian Guys have it ;)

• You're kidding right? Ha ha the guys where I am are freakin obsessed with looking perfect, they wear perfect jeans with polo shirts, hair always done, nice tans and amazing bodies -_- it makes my life a hell of a lot harder

• I like those type of guys too , but some like the way they are or do not want to bother with things like that.

• lol About time someone notices...

But not all of them do so now.

• Whatever happened, when you dress up sharp & you felt alright.

• thank you. I ignore slobbish men if you don't put in effort to look good how do you expect women to be attracted to you? I don't like metro pretty boys but you can still be masculine and well groomed and that's the type I'm attracted to

• people have different styles, although I'm pretty sure men have been slobbish for centuries.

• Everyone has gotten sloppier, but I agree. Come on guys, basic hygiene. Chop, chop!

What Guys Said 12

• Its because I'm a man that does manly things like sh*t with the door open, make my own beef jerky, and go on river boat gambling trips.

• because I personally don't give a crap. If you want to look all dressed up all the time then be my guest if I want to not shave for a month and let my hair grow out and wear my favorite shirt with a hole on the shoulder then I will. Pride in your appearence is good and all and I'm not saying I don't take care of myself but honestly when you get so connected to your own physical body then that's when things can go off the deep end...tanning, waxing, haircuts always lookin so fresshzzzz you know that kind of stuff. I wear raggedy old clothes from time to time, right now my hair is almost down to my nose and I haven't shaved in about 2 weeks and you know what? I look f***ing fantastic.

• If I wanted to be clean shaven I would have to shave like twice a day lol.There's nothing wrong with T-shirts and jeans. Although mine don't have any holes in them lol.

• Well I like looking after myself and I take care of my appearance and looking presentable. But that just gives the other guys an opportunity to poke fun at me and call me either gay or a woman. I hate looking slobbish. What's so wrong with a guy wanting to take care of himself?

• Laziness. Even girls can be lazy. There's nothing wrong with dressing up and looking good. It's easy and doesn't take long to iron a shirt so there should be no excuses.

• i wish more men would actually give a crap about their appearance. I always try to look my best.

• Interesting how a few hundred years ago you weren't considered a man unless you had a beard.

• That's my style!

• i've seen the opposite, where do you live?

young men now use cream, have bi-monthly haircuts, go to the gym, shave all their body, wear tight stuff, all use perfume, go taning, etc.

what the HELL are you talking about?

• What's it to you?

• Rock the polos

• I thought only gay men were well groomed? that's how you tell us appart!