What brand of running shoes?

OK, I need to buy a new pair of running shoes. Anyone have preferences on certain brands that are durable and really good?

Most Helpful Guy

• for running, definitely new balance! very good running shoes and the price is pretty decent.

I would recommend getting a gel innersole. I have them for my running shoes and the comfort difference is just amazing. seriously worth their money.

I used to get quite a bit of cramp in my feet when running but now with gel innersoles I never get it at all.

all the best with the running :)

• Sweet! Thanks so much! :)

• last year I was training for the london marathon and got up to about 12-14miles but didn't get picked :( so stopped for a while. I play a lot of sports though.

This last week I've run on Sunday/Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday and altogether so far I've done 27 miles. I just do 5 mile runs at a time as I find it's a nice run which doesn't get too boring yet is still a good enough distance to work up a sweat :)

how about yourself?

• WOW! That's a lot of miles! KUDOS!=D I've just started and can run about 1 1/2 without stopping. My problem is breathing properly because my side will start to ache after a while. I want to work my way up so I can run a marathon and do a triathalon too :)

What Guys Said 5

• Unless you're willing to spend a ton of money, my vote is for Asics. I've had good look with Asics cross trainers and, honestly, I've tried other shoes in the price range (below $60) and the quality you get compared to everything else in the price range is absolutely nuts.

• Yeah shoes below $60 usually tend to wear and tear really quickly. Thanks for letting me know!

• I run in Asics, as do most of my friends who run. New Balance and Saucony are also really good. I'd try on some of each and see which you like best. Everyone's different so It's really a personal decision.

• New balance. They last FOREVER. Like anywhere from 1-3 years (with new insoles)

• New Balance is feeling pretty good

• Thanks! I will look into it :)

• Invest some money into a decent pair. My last pair of shoes was some $50 set and all I got were constant blisters and shin splints. My new shoes feel great. Carbon fiber insoles too :D for arch support. They have some specialty stores that will custom fit a shoe for you. Out west there's RoadRunner Sports and New Balance stores. I'm sure Texas has somewhere you can get a really good shoe at.

• Yeah, I've heard that when you run its really important what kind of shoes you have. Mine are getting way to old. They were Pumas...yeah we do have some good stores here. I've never seen a new balance one though...sorry about the blisters. Must have sucked! :/

• New balance

What Girls Said 11

• Asics all the way! I have knee problems and they totally help, but can be expensive (the style I buy to is $149)

I would definitely do some research and go to a shoe specialty store (like Ladies Footlocker) They can tell you what type of foot you have (more flat footed, higher arches, etc) and thus what support system you may need in a shoe.

• I wear new balance because my feet are a little narrow

• I currently have a pair of New Balance running shoes, and they're really good. It's like running on clouds (ok, not really).

I had a pair of Rykas that were also awesome but they got stolen.

• Pumas, well worth the money!

• Thats what my last pair were. They were really good. Just wanted to see what other ones there were out there:)

• I use Saucony, but the best brands are Asics, Saucony and New Balance. Before my Saucony shoes I used New Balance

• Asics. They're really comfortable. I use them for volleyball and work when I have to stand and move around a lot.

• i love my reeboks

• Asics, New Balance etc etc.

• new balance

• my daughter runs cross country in high school and I'd suggest either Asics, brook or saucony

• Nike is more comfortable but addidas is more fashionable ;-)