Advice on singing lessons??

I'm a really bad singer and I'm really conscious of it and I love music and I've always wanted to be able to sing, is it possible to become a really good singer if you have singing lessons?, off of a good teacher of course?, thanks:)

Most Helpful Girl

• man... I don't know, just sing! and keep singing, and keep singing if people say you suck or if people tell you to shut up, sing at work, sing when you walk to class, sing in the shower, sing when you're cooking dinner, you get the picture, haha. If it's your passion live it! and don't let people stop you and don't be embarrassed for a second, if your voice cracks keep going, if you hit a bad note keep going, don't worry about having one style, do it whatever you feel like and your style will naturally form. I love singing with the guitar, it's great to be able to keep the beat and multitask. My advice is practice, and devote yourself completely to it, never let go of that dream, you will doubt yourself at times, but what's important is never give up. Make friends with other singers too, no matter what their style is, singers have the same mindset and can relate and motivate you, join a church choir. I was at the park the other day and there was a guy playing basketball and singing his heart out, all by himself, you need that passion, you have to have it in you. good luck:)

What Guys Said 2

• Yup! I used to be a really bad singer, and then I went for singing lessons, just for a few months. I'm still a bad singer - but I'm a *listenable* singer. Being able to realize ideas musically through singing is a hell of a thing to accomplish through a few months. People think your just born with a good singing voice, or else you can't sing at all, but that's not true. =]

Its easier if you can play an instrument, though. 'Cos then you get an idea for where notes should be and why they should be there.

• If you have a good teacher, you could almost certainly become a capable singer. As for really good, that depends on other things such as, time, vocal health, and general music skills

What Girls Said 5

• It is definitely very possible to become good if you aren't tone deaf. If you are, then I'm afraid all you can do is make it easier to sing and it may sound a little better. If you'd like, I could give you lessons. I've been studying the voice for the past year, and I know a lot of the scientific side of how to make it easier and more enjoyable to sing. You said that you didn't know if you were tone deaf or not? Well, I'd be able to tell you if you sent a video.

• well, you can learn to sing well in theory, e.g. use your voice correctly so to maximize its potential. however, some people just aren't singers, you know? it's definitely worth a taking some lessons, though. even if you're not fantastic, you'll learn a lot.

• It's possible but having a voice coach won't automatically make you a great singer. You will be better after you took the lessons because now you know how to listen to notes and be less tone deaf. I'm always a good singer but never a great singer. I have pretty good pitch (and I'm excellent at hear simging) but I am an alto, not a soprano (I wished I was :( they have the good parts in most of the songs) so I can never hit the high notes. Which means no Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry for me, I can't hit their high notes. So, my advice: know your voice part (alto, mezzo-alto or soprano) because singing within your range will make you sound that much better. Anyway, good luck on the singing. :)

• maybe. it depends on if you're tone deaf or not. If you have good pitch, then sure. I used to try and teach kids how to play violin and learned that pitch is something you either have or dont.

• How do you know if your tone deaf or not?

• yes. a good teacher can teach you how to control your voice and the tone