Is there a "nice" way to tell someone that you think they look better with certain hair?

Like when a girl )or guy) gets a haircut, and goes from long hair to short hair, for example. While it does look nice short, how do you tell them it looks better when it's long, or at least you prefer it long, without them getting offended? This isn't a girlfriend/boyfriend either, just a friend who hypothetically asks your opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• if they ask your opinion, just tell them you think their hair looks good how it is, but you think it suits them better longer, or shorter, or whatever. if they don't ask for an opinion, that could come off as a little rude, depending on your relationship with the person and the context and everything.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know how to tell guys their haircut isn't that attractive, but the way to tell girls is just to say, "Your hair was awesome when it was ________!" And if they ask "So you don't think it looks good now?" Say "No, but it was REALLY nice when it was _________." Don't offend girls, the words stick with them forever.

• Yes. Show them a picture of a nicer haircut and tell them: ''hey! This hairstyle would look excellent on you!''.

• Just don't tell her anything... lol Just say the first comment " I love your new hair cut it looks really cute short " (HAIR GROWS!) ahaha

• If they asked for your opinion just say what you feel in a nice way with a smile.

If they don't ask for your opinion keep it to yourself.

• You don't. It's their hair and they can have it however they want.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm always honest. I look them in the eye and tell them my preference. If they don't like the answer then they shouldn't have asked. I'm not going to lie for their benefit.

• I would tell them their hair looks nice how it is and it does suit them but I prefer it the way it was before.. don't be nasty about it either..