How do you deal with being lonely?

I don't know what it is, but recently, I've just been getting down, especially in the evening.

Someone online suggested listening to loud music, which did cheer me up a little.

What do you all do to make you feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sit down listen to music and draw or I listen to music and go out for a run just take my mind off things

What Guys Said 3

• I read a lot! I help others on here! I listen to great music of varying styles and moods (I put my collection on shuffle). I call friends and family to ask how they are. I watch movies, both sad and happy. I reflect on why I'm lonely and think of ways to not be lonely. You are never alone unless you make yourself that way.

If you want great books, "Dark Nights of the Soul" by Thomas Moore or "The Joy of Living" by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche helped me a LOT.

• I suffer from this as well I sometimes listen to music or drive around town call random friends or sometimes ignite conversations with people on my Facebook or even on here

• Exercise. Exercise. Exercise.

• I worked out today...maybe I should do some yoga or something when those blues hit. thx.

• I've been down lately. Very depressed. I swear that exercise saved my life. It not only helps me sleep better at night(I have insomnia) but it also does wonders for my depression. I can't praise it enough. I've heard that exercise releases endorphins. Not sure if it's true, but I'd believe it.

What Girls Said 5

• i read. onlineliterature.com

it has all the major classics and poetry :)

if I'm feeling really, really lonely, I'll youtube 'i love lucy'

• listening to music. and painting

• any suggestions for music you like?

• when lonely my fave bands are the goo goo dolls, matchbox twenty or rob thomas and thriving ivory. there's 2 songs I always listen too- falling slowly and here is gone lol. but that's me

• I've been feeling kind of lonely today, too. Usually I'll try and make plans with other people. That helps the most. If no one's available, then I usually just go read my romance novels, lol.

Nothing really helped today, though. I saw some people but I still felt kind of disconnected from them. Not sure why. It's been kind of a crappy day in general, but tomorrow should be better.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

• Everyday I wake up at 4:30 am to workout, I try to get exhausted so at night I can sleep like a baby and not to be thinking miserable thoughts.

• Hmm, yeah I have a bad habit of going to be kinda late and getting up late. I always try to change it, but then I go back. Maybe I should try again...

• Also if you have a close pet, it helps a bit with loneliness. They may not talk but they keep you company =D

• Aw I wish I could have a pet. I love dogs, but I can't have one right now.

• I debate online. Nothing like a good debate over religion, equality, human nature, state of worldly affairs to alleviate loneliness.