Beer before liquor or liquor before beer?

I've heard beer before liquor,never been sicker and liquor before beer,you're in the clear. Is this really true when it comes to drinking or can you just do either one? Which one do y'all recommend or what do y'all usually do?

Well I ended up going to the party and getting so drunk I blacked out for like half of the night but I also ended up throwing up. So here's how it went I played beer pong and lost so I probably had to drink 2 or maybe 3 beers like that. I also took about 4 shots of Jack and 2 of vodka. I also had a mix drink of Vodka,something else,and monster. Did I throw up cause I drank beer before liquor or did I just go over the top and drink too much in general?

Most Helpful Girl

• Liquor before beer ideally.

However, its less the order, and more how you drink them. You usually slip liquor and mixed drinks, so if you are used to that, you are more likely to sip your beer. You chug beers usually, so if you are used to slamming beer, you are going to slam your mixed drinks.

I say you stick to one kind of alcohol, or the same families of alcohol. If you drink vodka drinks, stick to vodka, gin, and such.

If you drink beer, stick to ales, lagers, and hard ciders.

• Also, if its a party situation like you mentioned, there is nothing wrong with just sipping beers all night, and spacing it out. You'll get a great buzz, and not get sick, and no hangover, while you watch everyone else drink themselves stupid, or to the point of puking. You don't have to do a ton of shots. if you must you can do one or two but you don't have to drink everyone under the table each time.

• Show Older
    • sodas don't hydrate you, but my point is, to slow down your drinking. I'm gonna call your bullsh*t on there being nothing but beer and liquor. last time I checked, all houses are equipped with water faucets. Drink water in between- unless you are one of those people who enjoy a hangover.

• Haha Alright,you caught me but if you've tried water faucet water here in Texas where I'm from it taste like water with algae or seaweed in it. There was a bottle of Dr. Pepper and Pepsi. I see what your saying though. I should drink soda to have like a "full" feeling and slow down on my drinking. I'll really have to try that next time because I'm tired of these sh*tty ass hangovers.