Michael Vick re-signed by Nike! What are your feelings?

I am a little unhappy with Nike, given the actions that Michael Vick was convicted of. But I guess a large corporation like Nike doesn't care...what are your feelings? Will you still buy Nike? Not me!

Most Helpful Girl

• You're stupid if you'll stop buying because of that. I'm sick of hearing people diss mike vick, what he did is in the past and I'm happy to see him move on with his life. And let me tell you, if any other "normal" person did what he was convicted for, it wouldn't be that big of an issue. They just tried to make an example of him. I'm against dog fighting and all that sh*t and I think he deserved the consequences that he got but it's over.

Why should his life be over because of one mistake? Everyone else gets second chances, why can't he? I mean hell, celebrities that have been convicted of murder didn't get get half the heat Michael Vick got.

People like you are just haters, I don't condone or support what he did, but it's over. I want to see him succeed. And I know I'll get a lot of down votes for this but I don't really give a f***. he doesn't deserve all the crap he's getting from people like you. I've been a fan of his since he played at Virginia Tech and he's a good guy who made a bad mistake but he did his time and he's trying to move on. People like you should move on too.

• You shouldn't be so worried about it, everyone has their convictions =]

• I'm not "worried" about anything. It's just annoying to hear people constantly talk about him and how he's such a "bad person" when he's not. Everyone makes mistakes:)

• Best answer butterfly kisses.

What Guys Said 26

• Honestly? When I buy a product, it is because of one thing and one thing only: the quality of the product.

I didn't buy Nike before because Asics, New Balance, and Reebok are all way better now as far as athletic shoes go. But if I did, that wouldn't change because of this.

• I'm with everyone else, he paid his debt to society. He hasn't done anything wrong since. Even though nobody is going to forget about what he did, you can't let one bad mistake, no matter how large define the rest of your life. Also you gotta look at it from Nike's point of view. They want to sell stuff, and vick is a high profile player. I think most of the public agrees that he has changed.

• Killing & torturing dogs is pretty disgusting. I mean, it's inexcusable. I know people talk about it being a cultural thing for black males, but to do the stuff he did I think you have to have at least a few screws loose.

But having said that, Vick got caught, paid a really big price, and has come across about as genuinely sorry since then as he possibly could.

Vick's problem is he's a professional athlete in the limelight. So he'll never really live that whole thing down. Meanwhile, people will ignore or move on from the other athletes who have driven drunk & killed people, raped women, beaten their gf/spouse, etc.

But when it comes to Vick...that guy better not get a Nike commercial, dammit.

• I want to first say when I heard Vick was signed I was extremely pissed. I didn't want him on the team after what he did. All Athletes apologize after getting caught doing something. If they want any future they have to. Most don't mean it but after watching Vick for a couple years I honestly feel like he does. Vick has matured into a great player and leader. When he was with the Falcons he looked like the quarterback but not really the leader or the captain of the team. When Vick was given the opportunity to start last season he really took advantage of that. For Vick to get where he is now after not playing at all for a couple years to be even better than he was before takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

Michael Vick went to jail for arranging dog fights. The key is he did his time the legal system gave him that punishment for what they felt was appropriate for what he did. I am willing to put it behind him and support him as are most people.

• He already served his time in jail and apologized for his actions. Is that still not enough and is there anything he could ever do to regain y'alls animal lovers respect? I think it's a little overboard to boycott a company that's sponsoring him for something he did about 2(about to be 3) years ago.

• like sweatshop nike ever gives a f*** what they do, and no I don't buy nike anyway with or without vick.

• He could spend his entire life rescuing baby seals and prying open the jaws of sharks to pull out small children, I wouldn't buy from Nike anyway. But you know, if your gonna get moral about something Nike have done, surely you'd quicker get annoyed about the child labour and physical abuse that goes behind every shoe, shirt and string, rather than someone who looks at Pit Bulls being cross wearing a pair of their trainers.

I don't care about any of it, anyway. Wash the shoes in children's blood, for all its worth, and use them to stomp on the toes of homosexuals. I ain't got no papers on 'em.

• Thank you! Someone who knows what they are talking about. I did a research project for child labor and Nike is one of the biggest, if not biggest, that is in the sweatshop industry with children working in them. If we're gonna bring up morals, let it be about something that continues today

• ^_^ We watched a video about the Nike company, and their mistreatment, one time in school. And you know what? It didn't even *mention* the children, hahahaha. Payment all rounnnnnd.

• As much as I hated Vick when he went to prison, I am a huge dog lover, and even created a Facebook group about Vick and how he's an asshole. I have found myself to forgive him. What happened to Vick created a huge awareness for Dog Fighting and I know many programs have come about due to it. Vick is trying to rehabilitate himself and I know good will still come from this. So I am proud that Vick is getting his stuff in order cause I am always glad to forgive and see redemption.

• i totally agree with you!

• Agreed. Like I said not many athletes really are sorry about what they have done. But I feel Vick is one of the few. I am also very proud he has been able to turn his life around.

• As a Packers fan who had to witness the return of Vick (Thanks to Clay Matthews unleashing the dragon all over Kevin Kolb) and almost watched him single-handedly destroy our defense (twice), this Nike thing means literally nothing to me. Vick did his time and paid his pennance. He's redeemed himself both on and off the field, and if Nike wants to give him a second chance, then good for Vick. Best of luck to him next season (if there is one...and except or whenever they play my Packers.

• I hate how society and people are able to forgive him but they can't forgive LeBron James, why is LeBron James the most hated athlete in America despite never breaking the law or abusing, killing anybody?

• Vick doesn't have a bad attitude or cheat when he plays?

• Professional then you get respect in my book. If you break the law then the law will determine what should occur next. With Vick it was jail. As Dom said Vick is an amazing athlete and that is not something that doesn't come with hard work. Especially after being out of it for a couple years. Vick has put that dog killing nonsense behind him and isn't looking back. Lebron instead of focusing on being a better player spends most of his time talking and choking.

• well how many rings does Michael Vick have? Michael Vick has never even reached a Super Bowl, at least LeBron has gotten to the Finals 2 times

• he went to jail, was crucified by the media, crucified by his fans. he is sorry, he's done his time. how are you still mad, he is doing volunteer work, spreading the word around about what he did and why it was such a bad thing. and since you prob don't kno, nike and big corporations do care. that's why he lost all endorcements. he had to fight and earn his way back, from convict to comeback player of the year in the nfl. this is stupid how people still look at vick the wrong way when there are many more deserving people out there who should be critized for rape and murder but they walk. makes me sick

• The dude already paid his time in jail, by getting kicked out of the falcons and making a fraction of what he used to make and looking like a fool. What else do you want the guy to go through, do you want him to be put on the electric chair? You people are just as sadistic as he is anyways, because you can't get the fact that the dude is sorry and has broken his back to go be a great player again.

• Agree completely. What he has had to given up has been more punishment anyone in a similar situation will ever see.

• I don't buy any specific brand, nor would I stop buying from a company that has a certain spokesman or endorser. If you believe that anyone who commits a crime in their life should never again earn redemption, then why not just kill them? Anyone that commits a felony, just kill them because people like you basically think they no longer deserve to breath the same air as you.

PS: he was involved in dog fights, he didn't rape a kid or anything.

• I have no problem with this. He broke the law, & he paid his legal and social debt for doing so.

The whole "dog-fighting" thing is a done deal now. I honestly haven't been buying many Nike products, mainly because I tend to like Adidas more anyways lol. Regardless...my feelings about signing Vick. I have no problems with that one bit.

To be frank, most consumers in Nike's primary market won't have any problems, either. 8-)

• Michael Vick should be put to death for what he did. The fact that he still makes millions even after committing those murders is sickening

• Wow. Chill out dude. Being put to death for killing dogs? That's extreme.

• yeah you might think that, but where do you draw the line of what living organisms on earth are okay to murder without the price of the death penalty? you say its fair to slay a man for killing several dogs...what if it were several cats? several frogs? several spiders? several ants? your equation for "deserved death" is too narrow, too simple. on a smaller scale I certainly would not kill my mother from exterminating the beehive on our porch, yet she killed countless lives.

• You make a point. However I am a dog lover, and I hate Michael Vick's guts for what he did. Of course I would extend the same hatred if he did this to any animal really. However, I'm not trying to decide what's fair, I simply hate this man and would not care if he were to die horribly.

• They signed him for his image. The image is a rehabilitated man who many fans still love. Whatever sells sells

• While I do agree the dog fighting incident is disgusting, I do believe Mr Vick has paid the price for his stupdity. If we all had as much talent and the passion, as Mr Vick,. to do what we would always want to do I tend to believe you and I would still strive to do it. I would love to see if there is a part of the Nike contract that addresses a sum of monies that will go towards Mr Vick's choice to be a spokesman for the proper care and treatment of our dumb friends.

• Man is one hell of an athlete not so much of a person they want to sponsor the athlete not the individual outside of the sport

• Humans fight in cages and bite each others ears off... what's wrong with letting dogs do it.

• The difference is, humans aren't being forced into the cage to fight.. or getting shot afterward when they lose (or win, but take too much damage). If I forced you to fight another person, and shot you dead if you lost, would you find that acceptable? Not to mention, dogs fight with their teeth. The wounds sustained in a dog fight, don't necessarily go away. In the boxing ring, you just get bruises.. not your skin bitten off albeit Holyfield was an exception-- fyi Tyson was punished like Vick

• Well humans are paid money... dogs are paid in food. They are shot to put them out of their misery. It is the humane thing to do. Not every human gets any easy sheltered life, nor does every dog.

• I hope he leaves the Eagles and become the Raiders QB(perfect fit huh?). Then our division will be more competitive.

• I think it's awesome. Nice one Nike.

• whos this dude and what did he do? I feel so ignorant lol

• Hes a changed man get over it people. Go Birds Go

• I can't wait to see the line-up of athletic dog fighting apparel

• and I don't get why he is nowhere near as hated and loathed, despised like LeBron James is, c'mon, LeBron never broke the law, committed a violent crime, but yet all of America hates, despises and loathes the Miami Heat, I agree with what Moviedude said, Michael deserves this to happen to him: link

• Its OK I'm not a Nike fan anyway

What Girls Said 16

• People need to get over this whole Michael Vick thing. I don't understand why it should be of anyone's concern. It was f***in years ago. It seriously gets on my damn nerves and I don't think anything has pissed me off quiet as much as people still talking about it like it just happened this afternoon. So what if nike re-signed him? Who the f*** cares? Is that really going to change the product or the quality of products? Absolutely not. People seriously need to move the f*** on and worry about more important things than what has happened in Vick's past. I'll for sure still buy Nike products. People are dumb beyond belief if they're not going to buy anything Nike because of Vick. Grow up.

• I think everyone who is getting so upset over this is a little pathetic. Dog fighting isn't just a "mistake." I do agree that he's paid his debt to society, and I will continue to buy Nike. However, what he did was wrong.

• No it's pathetic that people keep talking about this and talking bad about Michael vick when he's trying to move on. I don't see anyone on here upset, I was annoyed in my answer. Murder isn't a mistake but I believe what he did was. IMO.

• You are adding just as much fuel to the fire by getting so "annoyed" by it. Severe animal abuse isn't just a mistake. He knew exactly what he was doing.

• And how many years ago was it? People just need to shut the f*** up about it. I love animals but other football players and celebrities have done much worse. Raped women and actually murdered people. Vick did his time. You people are just idiots.

• I'm still unhappy with the NFL for even letting that Low Life Dog Killing Peice of Sh*t even play football. Now this with Nike just show's our younger generation "go do as you please as there are basically no morals when it comes to putting more money into a corp's coffer's whether it be the NFL or Nike. I will Not buy another Nike product as long as that bastard is a rep of their label.

• Screw him! He's an ahole and deserves to be torchered the way he hurt those innocent puppy dogs! >:(

• That's a dumb ass comment. Lol if you actually researched what happened, he didn't actually do the dogfighting. His friends did on his property, he knew about it but he didn't actually do it. He was in Atlanta when it all took place. Don't make dumb comments when you don't know the whole story.

• ugh stupid auto correct. I meant this whole thing is stupid (not "you're the piece of sh*t" I don't know why it changed it to that, my ipod is malfunctioning) I wasn't defending his actions, just stating the truth

• Katiesmuff, as you can see...she's a bitch. There are few people I fight with on here, but she's just one of those people that get under my skin.

P.S. Informing somebody is much different then insulting them... don't know if you knew that, sweetie. :)

• i don't care, that is his life not mine. doesn't effect me . its the past

• I don't really buy Nike trainers anyway :) I feel too sorry for the poor workers who have to make the shoes for a lousy few pence for a long work shift. :(

• so basically michael vick should be screwed for the rest of his life? hey now.

plus I want people to first shut up about vick and look at the other football players who are raping women and aren't getting sh*t about it.

• Like Michael Vick is why you shouldn't buy Nike..

• well yeah I'd still buy nike.. but I hate the guy.. he's a f***ing dumbass d***.. but I don't buy nike too often anyways...

• I don't know who is Michael Vick and I never buy nike anyway so I don't really care...!

• I didn't know who he was until we had a GAG user called Mike Vick, and he made *sure* I knew, hahaha.

• I will still buy Nike! The way Nike sees it, he's an asset who will help make them more money. Also, everyone deserved a second chance...people do change too.

• Yes, I'm still going to buy Nike products.

• who? don't even know himm .. but watever..

• yeah I do not like him at all. he's not even being properly punished for the hideous things he has done. it's a disgrace

• He should burn in hell. If he'll hurt innocent animals whose to say he wouldn't hurt people too. You can't trust people that are like that!

• i don't care what michael vick did, that's so 2007. he paid his debt to society by going to prison and now he's out so it should be over with. I don't really buy nike because I'm broke but if I did I would get those foamposites, they're cute