Why is it acceptable for a woman to adjust herself but not for a man?

Sometimes women have to rearrange the girls and nobody has a hard time dealing with it, but if a fellow has to reposition his best friend half the women feel like they have to make a comment about how disgusting that is.

Why is that?

• Women are full of double standards
  • Double standards... women indulge in them

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• I never comment on a guy adJusting his package. I don't adjust my boobs in public unless I really have to, like if I were wearing a strapless bra and dress that didn't hold up as well as I thought it would, or if the hooks in the back got messed up somehow. Regardless, it's no big deal. It's not like you're diving into your undies :P

• I try to not adjust myself unless it is absolutely necessary. As for guys I don't mind as long as it's not a creepy amount. There was this one guy at work that I was in lust over and well I couldn't work when he adjusted himself since I was distracted thinking about him and what he might look like naked. Bad bad me.

• I do not do that in public. If I did I would feel rediculous. it embarrasses me to see other women do it.

• I see it all the time, I think nothing of it.

• it makes me feel uncomfortable. :) I mean they are free to, just as gys r. I don't think its any better or worse for women to. maybe the idea a woman can't shove her bobs up someones ass, or pee out of them makes it different.. altho breast feeding in public even covered is vey frowned upon often. so I'm not sure what to tell you :)

• I also think breastfeeding is a normal human behavior that shouldn't be a source of shame.

• Actually I don't adjust the girls around any guy except my boyfriend, and it doesn't bother me when he adjusts.

• I don't have an with guys adJusting themselves.

I'm not gunna be uncomfortable for your benefit, I don't expect you to be uncomfortable for mine xD.

Adjust away, men!

• I really don't think girls should adjust in public.

If guys need to adjust they can do it discreetly when no one is looking.

• your poll is a double standard.

• This might just be me, but I'm a girl, and it is deffinitly NOT okay for women to do that in publeic. its just rude and awkward. same if a guy does it. not okay either way, no matter what sex you are

• penis and boobs...

and it's not a double standard women have. guys will have a comment as well

• Haha

I adjust them in the bathroom ... not in front of everyone...

:P

• eh, I think it's because girls moving their breasts look less like they are being perverted and getting horny, now while if a guy did it, it may look a bit perverted and horny in the minds of *some women.

• I understand that's what some women thing, I'm asking this question in an effort to educate women who think like that.

• What are you going to believe, a sexist expression or a guy?

• I know that some times a guy might need to adjust his package, but I"m just saying that some girls will think most guys are just perverted and thinking of sex.

• I've never felt that men are gross for adJusting ... but women are a bit more discreet in general. Also, you don't often see women touching their vaginas in public, despite the fact that our underwear gets stuck to them sometimes. I feel that bras/breasts aren't looked upon the same as genitals.

• Thanks for not thinking it's gross, sometimes it's necessary. And uncomfortable to walk to a place where you can do it 'discretely'.

• Or maybe they're pissed off that guys get to do as they please and women have to always think of appearances.

• Women are like that mainly because of standards that other women hold and that they hold against other women. Shouldn't be mad a men for that, IMO.

What Guys Said 2

• Because men let women get away with it

• I wish you would have chimed in much sooner, this would have been best answer.

• Who's going to complain about a woman touching her boobs?