Why do men find women more attractive, than women men?

I guess most people will agree that men feel a lot stronger physical attraction to women, than women to men.

Why is that? Has evolution not failed there a bit?

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone else said it is important for a girl's relationship to have communication and companionship. That is probably part of the reason girls aren't as interested in the physical aspect. Another thing is that girls are just attractive. lol. They have curves and fun and interesting body parts. There was a study done and women had to watch p*rn. Half of the TV was of a guy masturbating and the other half had a video of a girl masturbating. Even the girls watched and were more aroused by the girl. :)

What Girls Said 11

• We do, we just rely on a mental attraction also. Plus, we're much better at keeping those kind of things to ourselves. :P

Also, it does not mean evolution has failed in any way. In nature, the female is supposed to pick her mate from a number of males, in order to get the best possible offspring.

• Women are more picky. also women pay more attention to details and overall look of a man. Men are not that choosy with women, or most men. On average on hot or not, nearly every woman gets above 7. I think maybe men either get something like a 9 or something really low like 5, there's not much in between voting.

• Women are more influenced by personality.

• Women for some reason...don't just glue attention on attraction...most women care more about personalities, companionships...etc.

But as for men...some do care for those characteristics...but they can easily base relations on attractions are forget personalty...they are a little bit more distracted.

*Not including everyone...i hate generalizing...

• question is not at all biased..

• cause I'm a lesbian

• I think it depends on the woman. I myself have a very strong sexual appetite, so when I see a sexy guy my body physically reacts to that attraction. Some woman are more aggressive than other and maybe you have not come across one... Hence the question, but I guarantee when it comes to "attraction" it's all the same.

Now when your talking about a relationship then yes women are more emotionally driven than sexually, but that's how we are wired.

There are women out there that might be more sexual than men. Case in point my husband and I. He's shy and get uncomfortable with a lot of aspects of sexuality. Me I'm comfortable with my sexuality so it's easier for me to express sexual feelings when it comes to the opposite gender!

• i guess cause guys are more visual

• oh god can't you think outside of platitudes.. I'm so sick of hearing that. especially since I develop like 20 pictures a day.

• Most p*rn is targeted towards men and not women for a reason. Men get off more easily from seeing a naked body than a girl does. This has nothing to do with how many pictures you take. Taking a picture of a flower or a building has nothing to do with this discussion and you know it. you're arguing for argument sake.

• There are far more attractive females than attractive males. Males tend to be less attractive, on average. If females held out for attraction, the majority would be single forever.

• I don't honestly pay attention to how a guy looks.

• ok, which leads us to the conclusion that ..

• i call shenanigans

• That I'm a girl and I don't focus on physical attraction, so any physical attraction from a guy would be more.

• Men are more attracted to every woman, whereas women are more attracted to a specific man.

• I don't think that's true, maybe you love him but the pure physical attraction stays the same, doesn't it?

• Sure think "toulouse , if you look around you , the other creatures mostly really behave this way , well I don't really need you to accept what I wrote , but its not that I said that as we evolved we evolved for the better , I do think that we f@kd up on Manny aspects , in relationships too , that's why we grow up with family , society telling us how to behave and that we need to get married and have kids , I don't know how things would be if there was not so much mind control .

• Maybe "sluts/player" are just people that can do just what they want to do in the end (I'm not one)

The last think I would like to mention is that you may read something and just remember what you read , but hey there , the news are that people read something(data)and then after processing it they get what they think of it(information),so now that we know how it is , please don't think poorly of me because you can't really read something and get something out of it , we are not all so 'simple'

What Guys Said 4

• This hasn't always been the case. In ancient Greece, it was actually a male body that was considered attractive.

But these days, women are being judged personally by their physical appearance, and instead of fixing that root problem, we're just trying to convince everyone that any standards held to women are demonic.

On top of that, there's the enforcement of male homophobia. And media portrayals. When a woman is naked on screen, it's usually made into a beautiful scene. When a man is naked on screen, the scene is portrayed as awkward and disgusting. We're teaching everyone that women are beautiful angels and men are disgusting brutes. A man's appearance is considered an eyesore you need to look past. Ergo, women get used to ignoring physical attraction, whilst men are being dragged around by it in the media.

In fact, it's actually found that these days, women are more physically attracted to OTHER WOMEN than they are to men. What does that tell you?

• Because even if we want and need to live in a relationship , we still are the same as all the other creatures on the planet , we got instincts and we need to go on and give our genes to as much females as we can so that there will be more hope that the next generation will survive , females on the other hand need to those a strong , healthy male that will give her good genes for her to get a healthy and strong 'puppy' :P

and will be able to protect her and the child and get food for the 'family' , well that on the basic level I think , but as we needed to live together to survive we got through time and we evolved and there we started talking , having actual feeling for each other , other than what out instincts needed for us to give birth to our offspring's , that's my idea of this more or less . :P

• bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla --another biology platitude. thinking for yourself is liberating. try it.

• probably because guys want to breed with a healthy mate

• It's easy to say here in an environment cut off from the physical world that you aren't really fussed about looks, because it is a time for reflection and putting forth your idealized views. But in the real world it's a different story. Girls get just as caught up in the physical just as much as us guys. They will go on and on (more than guys) about how gorgeous/dreamy certain members (famous/real) of the opposite gender are and how fit they are hence the legends of fangirls around any attractive celeb, sportstar etc..This whole thing that guys go for looks and girls go for personalities is becoming the most cringeworthy, crass and skewed stereotype. Of course it's a very important factor - particularly for a girl looking for a relationship - and there are elements of truth in girls being less visual than men but prior to that the whole seduction game is just as rooted in physical attraction than for guys. You girls have kidded you selves into these idealistic mindsets, which whilst true and moral, most fall short in real life. e.g. attractive confident guys getting girls no problem whilst the less attractive ones are often friendzoned or considered less desirable even though their personalities are good.

A trivial example but nonetheless one that reiterates the contradiction can be seen when watching Wimbledom and the amout of whistles, claps from girls when Rafa Nadal takes his shirt off at the end of the game. Girls, commentators obssess over his pretty looks and athletic body. They get turned on visually just like us, but on a side note guy's in the crowd don't do this to Maria Sharapova - if they did they would be labelled sexist and looked down upon. Just a small example of the double standards going on in girls these days.