What's you opinion on being pale/pale people?

I see lots of questions asking about being tan/ fake tans/ how attractive tans are and a lot about really wanting a tan but I think there needs to be more attention to the good things about being pale. Basically I'm really pale like vampire/ snow white pale and I don't tan ( I was in the sun for 3 days straight in Singapore with no sun cream and I stayed exactly the same color) or burn easily, I really love being pale because it just suits me and I've always thought being pale looked elegant. The downside about being pale is it looks like ass in the summer because the sun makes me practically glow and I go really noticeably red. My pet peeve about being pale if how people act about it, some people act like its a disease and you are unhealthy unless you are super tan the most annoying thing is when people tell me to get a tan or assume I never go out in the sun or seem to be afraid I will bust into flames if I go out in the sun without sun block. So what's your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Coming From A brown or Dark Tan person...i think pale is ok.

But. I know pale skin is very delicate and hard to take care of...but its just skin lol..i get sun burnt...well really burnt black...because I am already brown lol.

Anyways I think some pale skins are attractive...and some are quite scary...it can look like someone is dead..which scares the sh*t out of me..just like a really really black person. But I am not trying to sound stupid or shallow its just an opinion...like katy perry is really pale...and she is beautifull...like the dude in the twightlight movie...he was pale and it looked unhealthy...

What Guys Said 6

• I think pale girls are attractive especially if they have dark brown / black hair (and possibly freckles too!).

• I prefer pale to being frakking orange.

• I love pasty white chicks. :D

• If you are "Drusilla" from Buffy then you are too white for me but you do not have to be Orange either. I do not have a preference. If you like me I will like you whether you are tan or not

• I never really watched buffy but from the pictures of Drusilla from google she has the same skin tone as mine and I also have dark hair :P but thanks for the input

• I am a huge Buffy fan so I had to mention it ;) and you are welcome

• One part of me says, "look at that beautiful tanned skin!"

The other part of me says, "look at that unhealthy tanned skin!"

Overall it's a wash - I'm indifferent to it.

• i mean I wouldn't want it for me, but I'm not gunna judge some one for that...its so stupid to judge someone on something that can't really be changed

What Girls Said 10

• A lot of UV exposure can cause skin damage and skin cancer, and when people get older, the effects of staying out in the sun and tanning can become apparent in their skin. I think people should be happy with the skin color they have, and take care of it as much as they can. My relatives are obsessed with "fair skin", and it's really annoying.

• I totally agree! I've never met anyone paler than myself, and honestly, I don't care, but other people act so dumb about it sometimes. I hate it when people say someone "needs some sun" or whatever... I get out plenty, I just don't tan. But yeah, like I said, I don't care. I think it suits me and can be elegant, like you said, and some guys even prefer it.

• I'm naturally pale and don't really tan, either. I wish I was slightly darker, but there's really nothing I can do about it. The only time it really bothers me is when people tell me I need a tan, like I'm not aware of that fact myself. And of course, these were the first people to point out how bad my fake tan looked the one time I tried it.

• I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I am the same way. I am very pale, and I don't tan - I only burn. I don't mind being fair skinned, but I'm tired of the looks I get from tan girls and people in general. No, I'm not unhealthy. Actually, quite the opposite. I eat right and exercise daily. I am just naturally this pale, and you know what? I'm okay with the color of my skin.

• If they like being pale they should stay pale, if they don't then they should get a tan.

People should do what makes them feel comfortable with their appearance.

That's what I think.

• Being pale looks good on some people, but looks horrible for others, just as being tan works for some while being tan for others is horrible.

I can appreciate the pale look(more so on a girl). I like when they have contrasting hair color, such as jet black, it looks awesome many of times.

Only thing about being pale(or being fair skinned also) is it tends to age worse, but I mean..once you're at that point in life it shouldn't matter much

• true, but if you wear sunscreen and wear hats and such, it will look better in 40 years than overly tanned skin, ya know?

• I know, but like I said, once you're at that point in life it's irrelevant. I always encourage the us of sunscreen regardless of skin tone or race. Skin cancer runs in my family(mothers side) so even though I'm brown, I'm still adamant. All that matters is that you take care of yourself and are content with yourself

• Some people just weren't ment to be tan and would look bad. Like me

• I am pale and I love my skin.

• I'm pale and I love it :) I don't think a tan would look right on me.

• I used to tan really well when I was younger, but now if I spend too much in the sun I burn so bad. Strange thing, though, my arms still tan a lil' bit, but nowhere else does...

I prefer the idea of being pale, by far. I find it fascinating and definitely elegant. I enjoy it on myself and on other people.