Girls, do looks not matter as much to you?

I'm a good-looking guy, but not "hot" in the Abercrombie Fitch style, if you know what I mean. Avg height, avg build, NO 6pack. But I'm very witty, intelligent and easy to get along with. I date quite a bit, and I've been with a few very good-looking girls.

I recently met a girl who kinda knocked me flat on my back, so to speak. Asked her out, she said yes, and we went out for a night. It went well, and she said she wanted to go out again.

My problem, though, is that I'm doubting the sincerity of her interest in me. She is VERY good looking. Like, she's flat-out hot. As a guy, my thinking is, "Why is someone THAT good looking interested in me? Shouldn't she be interested in one of those uber-sexy, 7-foot tall, chiseled-face sex-hunks with abs of steel?"

It's causing me to be a bit stand-offish with her, because I'm just skeptical that she would be interested in me.

Girls, your opinions? THANKS!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, looks are not as important to us as they are to guys, depending on the girls age.

When girls are young all we have to go on is a guy's looks and sometimes his personality. Young gals have been known to date their fair share of good looking jerks. However, as a woman gets older, even early 20's, somewhere in our subconscious we are thinking about the guy being a good provider, so guys with great careers can get a fantastic girl without ever looking like Brad Pitt. And, no, you don't have to be a sugar daddy, but someone we know we could rely on to be a good partner, even for a career woman.

Also, keep in mind that she may not see herself as being as gorgeous as you think and she may be completely turned off by pretty boys. I am attractive and I have rarely found a classically great looking guy to be my type. I am just suspicious of them being a pain in the a** to date. The guys I have been with have all had their great points but they do not fit the mold that you describe.

What Girls Said 6

• Looks matter to me.

Looks don't matter as much to most girls because they know what it feels like to be judged by your looks since looks are #1 to guys.

Looks also don't matter as much to most girls because they can be attracted to a guy or find him attractive outside his looks.

Womens own looks usually matter more than guys looks to women & men.

• Wow...if you keep being annoying like that she's going to lose her interest pretty fast. Give her your full attention. Some guys don't think they're hot but they are.. It's all about the girl's taste, and how other people see her. Maybe people think she's a slut and she's desperate for a boyfriend, maybe you have a great personality, make you are hot but you don't know it, I think if you're pretty good looking with an awesome personality I'd be interested..

• When I first meet someone...

looks are only a little important to me.

What I mean is, if the guy can put himself together to a considerable extent,

and he isn't ugly or anything. That's it.

How he behaves, how respectful he is, and interesting he is

makes up everything else. Personality really overpowers looks for me.

That's just my opinion.

• yes looks are important but you should stop doubting her interest in you. She probably finds you more good looking than you see yourself.

• Have some confidence! She may think your just as hot as you think of her. Show her a good time & don't be stand offish. Give it a chance it might work! Good luck!

• Looks are important, but they aren't everything. A lot of the times when I notice something different in a guys personality, I also notice that he got a whole lot cuter. Everyone is attracted to different things. If she is that attractive then you would assume she'd go for very attractive guys, but honestly attractive guys don't always go for the girl. I know from experience that guys don't always act on the pretty girl because she is "intimidating". She probably likes the fact that you took the time to actually get to know her and weren't afraid to ask her out. Good for you and good luck with this. Don't over think it, just be glad she's with you and not someone else ;)

What Guys Said 2

• Dude, put that in Ur mind that most hot girls date decent looking guys and Guys as well.

• Girls are cutthroat with men and women about looks. How can you ask if looks don't matter to them. Ask any woman what she dislikes about herself and 98% will have something they want to have altered, either naturally or with surgery.

• Dude, I bet you that hot girls won't date hot guys. it doesn't work in that way. both partners can't have all the Perfection things . trust me, It will be boring.