Would it be weird to take my friend's sister's designer clothing?

my friend's sister is the same size as me in everything, even shoes. she has a lot of designer stuff. this summer she's getting a whole new wardrobe and wants to get rid of older stuff to make room.

she offered to give me tons of designer clothes, shoes, and bags. we're talking marc jacobs, coach, christian louboutin, valentino, and things like that.

part of me is saying don't look a gift horse in the mouth, take the free designer stuff while it's up for grabs. the other part of me is saying that I can't afford the stuff in real life so wearing her hand me downs would seem fake.

however, I bet showing up to a modeling interview in designer clothes would be a plus for me, huh?

Most Helpful Girl

• What is wrong with taking something someone is offering you? It doesn't make you fake, it makes you thrifty and lucky to be receiving such a gift. I would love it if someone would offer me some designer duds, or any clothes for that matter. Clothes are expensive, especially designer clothes. Just because they were owned and worn by someone else doesn't make them unusable. I would definitely take them, you can create your own look with her old clothes by mixing them with your own wardrobe. No one will even know. I don't think it would be fake, you can find designer stuff at thrift stores too, sometimes. So I wouldn't worry about not being able to afford it. It's a gift, why not? If you are putting together your own outfits then I think that is as real as it gets :)

What Guys Said 4

• If someone is giving you free stuff, take it before they slap a price tag on it.

That's what I've always gone by, anyway.

• take them, by all means.

• I take hand me downs from my cousin all the time. Go for it!

• Blocked on principle. You're ridiculous.

What Girls Said 2

• Take the stuff, it's free.

• If it's me, I would take them all. I mean, even if you don't wear some of them, you can still sell them on ebay for $$$.