What type of diet are you on?

I'm looking to go on a diet but I'm not sure what one. I've tried the low-calorie diet and I'm thinking about the south beach one.

I often exercise through walking and swimming. I can't do anything else since I have herniated discs and arthritis so just even doing those two things often will end up hurting me.

So tell me what your diet is like if you have one (:

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• Diets are no good. They are fads,...and not made to be sustainable. You can't be on a diet for the rest of your life. More often than not when you get tired of your diet you go right back into your old habits and put on more weight then you started with.

You have to find a "healthy lifestyle". Fruits, vegetables, etc.

Just cut out sodas (expecially diet sodas), fast food, refined sugars, and enriched starches/bread. Drink plenty of water, and you'll be surprised how much wieght you'll lose and how much better you'll feel after all those preservatives and other chemicals starts leaving your system.

• roughly 2500 calories a day, lean protein sources with lots of protein (150+g protein a day), all whole grain carbs, fresh fruits & veggies, and 6 days a week of rigorous workout.

• Hmmm well lol...My diet is a high calorie, high protein diet. I'm looking to put on weight at the same time I go to the gym a few days a week.

Buuuuut since I'm sure you aren't looking for that kind of diet, then I'd say you might want to ask someone such as a doctor, some kind of health adviser, or a personal trainer at the gym (since a lot of them study sports medicine and dieting in school).

• Omnivorous diet.

• The all-you-can-eat diet. It's helping a little with my weight problem. Thing is, I'm trying to gain weight, not lose it. If I were you, I would eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible, and drink a sh*t load of water. Water is great for your body (in many ways) and it will fill you up so you aren't as hungry.

• Bamboo

• Nice food + maybe nice healthy food. Nothing specific.

• Beer during the week, liquor on the weekends. It's made me the sexy beast that I am today.

What Girls Said 9

• I've tried many different diets. They all have their pros and cons. The only important thing is do you love the diet and can you stick with it easily for a very long time.

Currently, I'm trying to eat lots of lean proteins with fruits, veggies, whole grains, and small amounts of healthy fats. I eat more smaller meals instead of fewer large ones. I have cheats and treats a few times a week.

So far, I'm really liking this.

If you have arthritis, I would suggest including lots of raw fruits and veggies and omega 3 - those are usually good for inflammation.

• i'm a vegetarian(about 5 years now),i have a fast metabolism,and I'm healthy as a horse-i don't diet at all,i eat what I want

• I don't know if I'd call it a diet since I've been eating this way for years and plan to all my life. I just try to limit my intake of processed and sugary stuff and eat so called healthy foods. Am not perfect food wise but I'm OK with that...

• vegan&raw food diet/life style:-)

• They See Food Diet.

This diet allows me to see food..and EAT!?

Its like the most miraculous diet of the century...you should try it lol?!

Jk...Tbh...i eats...regular...good food (Fatty Junk Food) onces a week...but I eat mostly friuts..and wheat cereals and oatmeal during the week...also some chicken salads...but sometimes...i can eat different things.

I exercise every other day... 1 hour of 30 minute cardio...10 minute Abs and 20 minutes pilates streching...and etc.

• I try to eat the recommended amount calories, minerals, vinatmins, etc each day. I keep track of all of this at caloriecounter.com

If I follow what this program tells me, I gradually weight. Nothing crazy, but something that will last forever.

• I'm on the seefood diet, when I see food, I eat it.

• im on the ABC diet, I don't recomend it it's dangerous

• the best diet tip I could give is to only eat the food you make!