How do girls from 18 to around 23 dress up for church?

Like what kind of outfits do they wear. I was planning on going to church this Sunday (it's my first time going to church). I don't want to look weird or awkward in front of other "church goers".

You can post links to the kind of clothes I should buy. And am about average size and height.

can one just wear jeans - skinny jeans and a cute top .it could be tight or loose. Or that's not acceptable?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the church, at the one I used to go to skinny jeans and a cute top would've been fine. I'd say ask someone or go in a summer dress. As long as the dress isn't too short you should be okay. Maybe wear a light cardigan if it has thin straps.

Depends on your style I guess, but here's a few:

link (one on the left)

link

What Guys Said 5

• Well in the church I go to the girls just dress up normally/how they want to. Some wear heels and skinny jeans with a cute top. Some come smart because they just came from work. Some just come casually. But I guess it depends on the type of church you go to and the type of people the church is for. My church is more for young people (young being anywhere between 16-29) and it is more of a social church that allows young people to get to know each other. So if it is more of a formal church then I guess you may have to go a little smarter and classy.

• I go to a really mellow church. the "pastor" uses an ipad, everything is wifi, there's a Starbucks in it, etc.

soooo, I wear a tank with shorts. Most 18 - 25 year old girls wear skinnies with a v neck or a tank top.

wear what you're comfy in.

• I wear my epidermis on me at all times. underwear, it depends

• You do not have to be formal. But casual is frowned upon...then again I am Jewish so I know nothing of the church style.

• i thought jews also pray? or go some where to worship "god"

• We go to temple yes but it is not all about what we wear to it. Like I said originally going casually is frowned upon but you do not HAVE to.

• see what happens if you arive naked that what I do and we can all agree that's the best to wear

What Girls Said 10

• Like many others said...it depends on the church. some are more casual then others. To be safe I would wear nice black jeans...a cute top and flats or a small heel.

• The last time I went to church it was for a wedding, so that alone probably made it a more formal attire than regular church, depending on the church. I'd ask around, but probably avoid going in jeans. Maybe some dress pants or a modest skirt and casual/dressy top, or a modest dress with sleeves? It really does depend on your church though. Maybe ask someone else who's going?

• my parents never let me wear jeans & still don't to this day lol

i wear a cute top & black dress pants. & nice shoes

• 2|0
  • Most people wear a dress that goes to just above or at the knees. And the dresses also usually have straps or a little shrug/cardigan. But you can also wear nice pants or a skirt. You don't have to get terribly dressed up but looking respectable and nice is all that matters.

• I don't.

When my mom used to force me to go though I would wake up in my pjs and go like that. :)

• i would be embarrassed to go out in public like that.

• I would be embarrassed for you.

• Okey dokey! (:

• In the church I go to, girls usually just wear jeans, flats/heels, and a dressy top of some sort. I think that would be appropriate.

• My church is really casual, so no dress up is needed unless it's for a special occasion. so usually dressy jeans and a formal, conservative top

• some churches are more casual than others so it depends on the church. its hard to stand out though as long as you're in a casual dress. I'll try to find some links...

• @update some teens will occasionally wear jeans but they're high school aged. 18-23 year olds, if not in a dress/skirt, will be wearing khaki pants & a dressy top. but my church is more traditional...

I couldn't find any links I liked, but my clothing I wear to church, I usually buy from Kohls, Belks, or Dillards.

• thanks for your time

• Well you can wear a knee length dress, something summer-y, with cute heels. Something with short sleeves, definitely not strapless.

• Eh :/ you could, but this isn't the club. You want to look cute in a dress!

• This is all for fashion purposes, I'm sure that would be acceptable though.