Why are women so sensitive about their hair color?

I was at work yesterday when I asked a woman to present ID to verify age. She flashed it with a nasty look on her face and said

"There are three things you never ask a lady. Her age, her weight, and whether or not that's her natural hair color."

The first two I can understand, but why the third?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea. O: Maybe she's going grey, and she dyes it to cover it up? :S

What Girls Said 5

• joke maybe? I honestly have no idea! maybe because she's the 'older generation' and they don't discuss being grey lol...personally I couldn't care about mine, once a blond always a blond lmao!

• Most people dye their hair to blond if they're dying it, though.

• thats really weird. what colour did she dye it to?

yeah as the girls have said she could be embarrassed of her natural colour, could be showing a few grey hairs through or maybe she used to get teased about her hair.

i don't understand it myself because I dye my hair and I try to describe my colour because I don't remember it.

• she's probably going gray,and is trying to cover up her age by coloring her hair,it's a bad thing to ask cause it feels like you're asking ''did you get a face lift?'' or ''i like your botox''

• Well if she was old in her 50s then it was because she has gray hair..She might have said it as a joke. If she was young then its obviously cause she doesn't like her natural hair color.

• I'm guessing you're a security guard

• Nah, work in a medical records office

What Guys Said 0