Why do most brunettes dye their hair blonde?

They look more attractive when they have naturally brown hair. When they attempt to dye it blond, there hair kind of looks all messed up with those strips of colors and they don't look that innocent.

You girls should be proud of your brown hair because it's better than dying it. Guys, don't you agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have naturally dark brown hair. I love it now but I didn't always. Growing up I truly believed that in order to be attractive I had to be a skinny, tan blond. All the women in my family have brown hair so I assume I came to that conclusion from the media. Only after getting blond highlights and frying my Irish skin several times did I figure out that not everyone can be a blond bombshell. So chances are they do it because they think it is what other people like.

What Girls Said 12

• Because most guys prefer blonds or redheads and blond is an easier color to manage. To go from brown to red you have to bleach your hair anyway so why not just skip a step? They think it will get them more attention from guys.

• Well their talking about naturally blond not dyed blonde.

• To get your hair blond you have to bleach it...To get it red you don`t need to bleach if your going darker. You have your facts a bit confused there...

• If you have dark brown and try to go straight to red your hair will turn purple. I would know. I tried to go from dark brown to red when I was a teen.

• I dye my hair blond because a majority of people I know/asked say my hair looks better blond than brown.

• Because blond is more eye-catching and rare, while brown is fairly common. Can't really blame 'em for wanting to stand out, ya know? I'm not sure what hair dye has to do with innocence, though :S

• Nowadays it's the brown hair that is rare. lol

• Lol, I know what you mean. There's so many plat-blondes walking around at Uni, haha.

• not all brunettes look bad after going blond, I have seen some naturally brunette women who look better blond and vise versa. Also how can highlights make someone look non-innocent? that is the silliest thing I have heard in a while.

• I actually meant the girls who completely transform themselves and wear a lot of make up and crud.

• lol you didn't mention makeup even once how are we sposed to know you are talking about makeup silly <3

• Because guys prefer blond hair and seem to like the bottle blond look. Brown is common and the least preferred, so why not? That's like asking why girls with brown eyes wear blue/green/grey contacts, it's because brown is the least preferred and kinda blah(don't worry, I have brown eyes so I'm not bashing)

I have dark brown hair but I actually dye it jet black

• Haha I have brown hair and I would never dye it blond, I'd look ridiculous! I have however, used henna to make it more of an auburn colour. Don't hate man, it's fun to experiment and hair grows back!

• They do it because they want to.

• I don't see it happen alot? I didn't.

• I don't and I'm not going to consider it. Ever.

• well I have naturally blond hair and I think it is very goo dbecause then I can blame all my dumbness and guliblness on my blond hair... maybe brunettes think that its better to have something do blame everything on

• i have naturally blond hair and I dye mine dark...i hate blond hair.

• amen! lol

What Guys Said 2

• Idk, but it's a crime, lol. I love brunettes! ;)

• i agree. I couldn't date a girl with dyed blond hair.