Can a person be so perfectly beautiful that they become ugly?

The thought occurred to me when I was reading the Tao Te Ching. This mostly stems from chapters 2, 24, 45.

To clarify, the question does not refer to me specifically. It's more of a general philosophical dilemma.
Perhaps I can throw this wrench into the debate: Physical beauty can be measured and calculated using the .7 Golden Ratio (Google it if you don't know what this is). So, if human beauty can be measured, it has the potential of being perfect mathematically.
Correction, the actual Golden Ratio is 1.618. I was thinking something else when I typed that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's depends. Sometimes we built up people in our minds so much that "perfection" unravels when we get to know that person really well. One example was this girl at my high school that a lot of guys went nuts for. She, to them was absolutely beautiful with no faults. Everything she did, wore and said was gold. She and I moved in the same circle of friends so we got to know each other eventually. Over time I got to see her faults. While I do think that she was pretty, I saw that she was also quite petty. Petty in the sense how she treated the guys who had crushes on her and the things she would say during a conversation (such as backhanded insults). She became ugly to me because I expected her to be as cool as some people would built her up to be but she wasn't (well to be fair, let's say not entirely).

What Girls Said 5

• I think if something is too beautiful,too perfect,its scarry...to our people its like not even human, so there for it becomes different, freeky, or somehow disturbing- so it can be seen as ugly or bad. But if you ask me about a person,i never saw a perfect person EVER. As we all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• no one can be perfectly beautiful they will always have something that makes them ugly in someone eyes if its looks or personality wise, then there is the whole beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing. Personally I find most people (out of all the people I know) that fit the media's portrait of physicaly attractive are ugly because they have sh*t personalities.

• definitively...personality has more to do with attraction than any other single factor

• Yes, because I fall in love with flaws withing those perfections...not vice versa...

• Yes.

What Guys Said 8

• It might be that the person is so beautiful that that nobody can fathom their beauty as there's nothing to compare it to

They become dumbfoundead by it and claim them to be ugly

Also people all over the world of different groups classify beauty differently to each other

• i can't really picture that. if they're perfectly beautiful they're perfectly beautiful. I guess some people would get sick of that perfection eventually. after all flaws are what makes a person really beautiful right?

• If something is completely aesthetically pleasing to the eye then it's impossible for it to be ugly in any way because if it was then it wouldn't be beautiful thus canceling itself out

• perfectly beautiful can only ever be perfect, beauty is an opinion so it can't be so beautiful that it becomes ugly,

• You can be so beautiful physically that it warps your frame of mind in how you act or how your personality is. I would much rather have a girl who is ugly with a great personality than a girl who is hot or sexy with a boring and ugly personality. I also believe that over time beauty fades and you will eventually become "ugly". However that is only if you let it..since I know a lot of "older" people who have maintained their looks..and their personality.

• Nope.

• depends how that person handles his/her perfect beauty

• I think it's possible, but not likely. I've been told I am disturbingly good looking by women before and that I have a cold, uncaring gaze. Smiling doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.