Anyone else think how unfair it is?

women have so many ways to make themselves look attractive even if they are only average or even if they are ugly

they have make-up, push up bras, high heels, fake hair extensions, fake eye lashes, the list goes on and on

but guys don't have any of that

the point is you HAVE those options, we don't

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a very good point. And I think this is way guys like girls with no makeup.

What Girls Said 13

• It's more of a curse than it is a plus to be honest.

Examples:

Because I CAN straighten my hair, people question why I would ever leave it naturally curly.

I'm expected to have flawless skin, and if I don't and don't use make up, then I'd be gross.

If I were really ugly and didn't bother wearing make up, push ups, or all the hair products, I would often be considered lazy and/or extremely unattractive, while some guys get away with just being healthy, honest, and dressing nicely, which is an option I wish I had more often.

I'm not complaining, because I enjoy the luxuries of make up, which I don't really need but use for sh*ts and giggles on occasion. But I know that there are girls who do feel the need to always wear make up, to have hair extensions, to wear push up bras, and even heels because it becomes somewhat of a standard.

Unrealistic expectations are what create these products. These products create societal standards. These standards often become requirements. And these requirements often soon become somewhat of an oppression.

It's kind of a curse, to be honest.

P.S. Guys can get make up, fake lashes, heels, and hair extensions. They can get all that you listed. Plenty do, like guys in Hollywood, they're just a little discrete.

• options aren't always a good thing., especially not when they provide ultimatums.

Example:

You can spend sh*t tons of time and money on make up, push ups, and hair products and look great, or you can be unappealing.

• not really. since you're not expected to look a certain way you aren't pushed to be something you arent, or to be "fake." Its rare to see men pushed into eating disorders and such.

Less is often more.

• I would rather be fake and attractive

• Women have these products because of men. In the rat race to catch the attention of a male. If you were looking at a beautiful yet completely bare female, she would have flaws, discoloration of her skin, like darkening under the eye, dull hair, short or extremely light eyelashes in contrast to a woman who has even minimal make-up, like cover up foundation, blush, mascara and some lip gloss and just toned her hair with high lights or even a full color similar to her own. The average guy would choose her because she seems to care for herself. Now if I were looking at a man hot or the average joe I could pretty much careless what he's wearing as long as he's fun to be around presentable when he needs to be, and cares for himself; ie shower, shave, cologne. AND cares for me. I can really only speak for myself, but I think most men/women look fine au natural.

• Well, men are more visual than women. Guys don't have to go to all that trouble to attract a woman. Most guys can attract women without having to do their makeup. Girls on the other hand have to, or at least wear some in order to get attention, as well as pay attention to their fitness and how they dress.

I'm not saying it's easier for men, you could argue the same for men. However, I just think looks are more important for the female species than the male. Because men are more visual.

• lol attracting women is not easy

• nope no matter how ugly a girl is there will always be guys that want to f*** her

• I'm not gonna argue with you on this one, believe what you want to believe, feel sorry for yourself.

• I disagree. First of all, most women have to make themselves up as they age. Men don't have to bother with that. Not fair. Guys have the benefit of being called "distinguished" when they age.

For "average" guys, I personally think they can make themselves look more attractive by projecting lots of confidence and having a killer sense of humor.

• It's not as important for guys to be flawlessly attractive though. We don't mind you a little rough around the edges, you know? Also, I think you'll find that you CAN wear some makeup, too. :P

Also, lol @ fake hair extensions and push-up bras having anything to do with attractiveness

• Hey, those options are open to you if you want to use them. Nobody said you couldn't! lol.

• Yes you do. There are all kinds of beauty products made especially for men, even make up.

• yeahh but none of it's "real." it's almost a curse. since it's there it's like we *have* to use it

• btw...my wife knows I don't give a sh*t about makeup..even don't like it...so she usually doesn't wear it around the house...but just let her go shopping...and out it comes...smh, smh, smh, smh

• everything you just listed makes a girl fake...why would you wanna date someone who wasn't being who they really are...i would rather be hated for who I am then loved for who I am not

• I believe that the more natural a man is, the more attractive. I'm actually jealous of men because of that, all they need to do for me is put on a suit or a dress shirt and you're so hot.

• I think its well worth the effort women put in... It's why you are sexy and beautiful. Men aren't beautiful. I think all in all you have good points though.

• I think men are so cute though...;P

• fair enough :) I guess we can call it a draw. Unless it's freaky Friday lol...

• I don't use ANY of this sh*t.

I'd gladly swapp gender with you.

• so you want to be...pretty?

• Eh, culture. I think it would be nice to not "have" to worry about make-up and other ways to make us look more attractive than we really are. No one looks at a so-called ugly guy and thinks, "He should lose weight or cover his acne or wear more flattering clothes." But "ugly" girls get judged if they don't try to change how they look. Some girls don't give a crap about what people think, but some do. I get where you're coming from, but it's not that simple.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes it's unfair. But society is rife with double standards, it's nothing new.

Guys can do things to enhance their apperance, but the methods that are socially accepted, such as going to a gym take a lot of time and effort.

I agree with you that women have it easier in this respect. But if you think about it, you'd still much rather have a penis.

• On the other hand, they also pretty much HAVE to wear that stuff to be attractive. And they also pretty much HAVE to be as attractive as possible.

• yeah, women have a hard time because they are expected to be so attractive, higher standards for them in our society.

• Lol, I've worn all those things except hair extensions. =X

• I wish I could get a big fake penis :(

• i believe so

• umm all I have to do is have a nice hair cut, tan, shades, and muscle shirt and the girls go crazy.

• wrong

• true for me.

• guess what, not everyone is you douchebag

• Guys can be extremely attractive without using any of these products. Actually I have seen 300 pound guys with super slim bikini models. How is that unfair?

• i've seen it too at my gym but the gym had a 200,000$+ bentley ...

• second gym should be guy lol