What is a emo girl? please define

I always wondered what is a emo girl is can somebody define a emo girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• I get called emo alot, but here, it seems like a lot of people are disgusted or look down on emos. Since I get calls emo alot, I guess I could just describe myself & my best friend & my cousin.

My type of emo is a girl who has a spunky style, a darker style but with definite rebel edge. Usually wearing my favorite heavy metal/screamo band TShirts or neon graphic tees, or just dark & lacy tops, usually tighter fitting. I wear a lot of rubber brackets, silly bands and bows in my choppy layered hair. I like dark blue jeans but I'll wear my black jeans too. I wear hawt pink converses that are signed by random people and splashed with black paint. My makeup is just black metallic eyeshadow & liner. My nails are black or red. I wear black or grey hoodies, too :)

As for the EMOtional thing, I'm only considered melancholy because I have honestly been through alot, & I have an actual right to be a little sad sometimes. My past is a dark one. Same with my cousin. My best friend is going through a hard time too, but unlike me, she is truly just a naturally sadder person. I'm kindof an ironic 'emo', I skip through the halls, and I'm a hugger. I'm guarded, but I like people :) like the classic emo, I do have scars on my wrists... Unfortunately from a ver difficult experience. My style is my own, and I live in Hottopic & Spencers. I don't dress or act the way I do to get attention or called emo. I actually hate being called that because I'm my own person with my own style, but, there has to be a reason why I'm called that, right? (:

• I feel your pain... Normally emo people do have darker past.

I am someone caught in between... If I am sad I will really consider suicide, going to hell willingly...

But there is another side to emo: a brighter side? I laugh out loud and joke around...

Wow I am really mess out...

What Girls Said 4

• Emotional, sad a lot of the time. Have not much self confidence. Now this is typical. They don't really make eye contact. May have short spiked hair with long bangs in the front or hair cut to their shoulder and is normally dark but occasionally you will see them with very bright blond hair. But normally it covers part of their face because they are wanting to set off a mysterious vibe. Tr a lot of eyeliner and they are a lot of times vegans or vegetarians.They wear dark jeans and shirts. Most have several piercings.

• Overteased hair, too much eye liner and the originality of a piece of paper. "I have no soul, everything is black, cut my heart out to mirror my pain." I find a lot of times that they make up this suffering because apparently it's popular to have a crappy life.

link

• A girl who wears emo clothing, sports an emo haircut, and listen to emo music, pretty much.

• Emo is a style of rock music characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics. It originated in the mid-1980s hardcore punk movement of Washington, D.C., where it was known as "emotional hardcore" or "emocore" and pioneered by bands such as Rites of Spring and Embrace. As the style was echoed by contemporary American punk rock bands, its sound and meaning shifted and changed, blending with pop punk and indie rock and encapsulated in the early 1990s by groups such as Jawbreaker and Sunny Day Real Estate. By the mid 1990s numerous emo acts emerged from the Midwestern and Central United States, and several independent record labels began to specialize in the style.

Emo broke into mainstream culture in the early 2000s with the platinum-selling success of Jimmy Eat World and Dashboard Confessional and the emergence of the subgenre "screamo". In recent years the term "emo" has been applied by critics and journalists to a variety of artists, including multiplatinum acts and groups with disparate styles and sounds.

In addition to music, "emo" is often used more generally to signify a particular relationship between fans and artists, and to describe related aspects of fashion, culture, and behavior.

sorry its so long haha

What Guys Said 2

• EMOtional.

This can apply to both happy and negative emotions. This is also a music genre and style of dress, but I don't typically associate "emo" with anything other than a whiny attitude.

• a depressed goth who has no right to be depressed.