How can I be better looking?

People say I'm butters! Help! I want to become better looking...

I have very low self-esteem and people make fun of how I look. I don't want people making rude comments of how I look, so I want to become better looking.

So does anyone have any advice? tips?

when you think of the word good-looking or someone says it (for girls) what pops up in your mind?

thank you, this will help a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to be better looking, you have to do all the stuff that those people do. Get a flattering hair style, condition your hair, put shiny stuff on it, style it, eat healthy, work out, shape your eyebrows, wear natural looking makeup that makes you look better, wear flattering clothes.

Most people who look good, look that way because they put a helluva lot of effort into it. It may be natural for them because they are used to doing it most of their lives, and they get fast at it and it seems like they really aren't doing as much, but trust me, most people can at least dramatically improve their appearance just by actually DOING all those things.

What Guys Said 1

• Butters as in a "but her face?" Because that would mean that at least your body is pretty hot! So look on the bright side!

• Oh? I thought butters ment ugly all over? aha!

• I can't think of any "bright side" of having people tell you your face is ugly.

• I don't think that's what it usually means, no. And being a "butter face" doesn't even have to mean your face is ugly. It could mean your face is average, but your body is crazy hot. At any rate, there's a whole lot you can do to make yourself look and feel better, so don't stress too much. Just figure out what you can do and start working on it. I could give you more specific advice if I knew what you were concerned about.

What Girls Said 3

• good looking? well if you want to enhance your beauty, try hair and make up tricks. Go borrow some makeup magazines or you can just look up beauty tips online. Or you can youtube some of michelle phans videos

• Sometimes hair, make-up and clothing can make a significant difference. Dress to your body type, in colours that enhance your skin tone, wear make-up that enhances your best features without going overboard (mascara is always good, eyeliner I think looks best just on the top lid to avoid panda eyes, and foundation is best used sparingly), and get a haircut that suits your face shape ( wether you have a square jaw, round face, oval or loveheart).

Most of all though confidence counts for most.

• Usually I do a smokey eye.. Then I curl my eyelashes and use loreal waterproof mascara (holds the curl better), this makes my eyes look bigger then I throw on some wet and wild pink lipgloss and a light coat of powder:) It does wonders! Then I usually wear nice elegant black and grey clothes and some sparkly jewelry. People used to make fun of my looks. Now they never do..