Are manicures and pedicures worth it?

Some of my friends swear by them - by keeping their nails and feet in good check they feel better and more girly.

I personally have never been to a salon, or had a treatment done on my hands or feet. I've never really seen the point unless you're in a job where you're appearence does not matter to you're employer, or if it is important to your job (eg. modelling)

My job says I'm allowed no bright colours in my hair, no long nails, no nail varnish, hair tied up, etc etc. For me, there would be no point going to a salon and making my hands lovely, because I'd have to remove it all the next day!

Also, manicures and pedicures are a common thing that women get done before their wedding.

So.. do you think it's worth it? Do you enjoy the experience? Do you prefer manicures to pedicures, or the other way round? Do you find it hard to have a pedicure because you have ticklish feet?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've gotten manicures and pedicures but I've stopped now that I'm watching my money. But manis/pedis are worth it in my opinion. They make your hands and feet look better and they feel better and softer when they're done. Usually they will put a hot towel on your hands and massage them with lotion and your feet will soak in a tub and they will scrub your feet/nails. Doing all of this for your appearance just pulls your look together. I love staring at my hands and feet when I get them done. If you're ticklish it's not a big deal.

You can still have your nails done and have them be within regulations at work. You can get tips done that look natural and classy. link This is called a French manicure and you can tell the nail technician if you want them to be longer/shorter so you're comfortable and can still type, etc. at work.

• Unfortunately, I can't have anything like a French manicure... I've asked before. I work with food, so food hygiene, you have to have short, unbitten, clean, etc etc nails. It's a bit lame. I'm looking for a different job, like a desk job, so I can start making myself feel pretty all the time! Wondered whether it's better to get this stuff done professionally, or to do it at home

• It's definitely more economical to do it yourself if you've got the right tools and a steady hand. Sally Hansen makes good at home nail products/kits.

• worth it definitely. a lot of guys love girls feet. and no one wants to hold dry hands either. well kept feet and hands say a lot about a person. if they don't take care of their feet and hands imagine the rest of their body parts. and some women like their feet rubbed and toes sucked and even do footjobs

What Guys Said 1

• Definitely worth it. Most guys love looking at a girls feet. It's a very important part in a girls body. If your feet/toes don't look very good, that's a big turn off to most guys. So, getting your nails done is definitely worth it.

What Girls Said 7

• So worth it.

You can't put a price limit on feeling your best, and mani pedis make you feel great.

I can't paint my fingernails or my toenails, so I either do a bad job or I just don't do it. I normally don't feel dainty of feminine because my hands and feet are all tore up and plain.

But, whenever I do get them done, I like to wear cute sandals, and I'm more conscious of being delicate with my hands.

• I've gotten them done for special occasions like weddings and stuff. It's nice to have pretty nails, but mine always chip within a few days, which makes it not worth the price. A mani + pedi in my neighborhood runs about $60, and I can't see paying that every week.

• To be honest its a waste of money unless your getting them done for a special occasion

• If it makes you feel good then yes!(: I preferr manicures to pedicures

• I don't think going to the salon for manicures and pedicures is worth it. I do my own nails and people always think I went to the salon. Free is the best:)

• no, use it to save up for your IRA

• its so worth it! when I was working and had a lot of disposable income I'd do it and it felt great. I have ticklish feet so that's one thing I didn't like. it just feels relaxing and pampering, and it helps keep your skin soft. if your job says you can't wear nail polish, I'd go for a clear polish or ask them to buff it. it's not always about being fancy in terms of LOOKS but it feels good. try it you'll become a convert. when I start working again I'm def. gonna get manis and pedis again