Which movies gave you nightmares when you were a kid?

I used to have a lot of nightmares when I was a kid but my worst nightmares came from movies.

That scary clown from 'It', Edward Scissorhands, the evil doll Chuckie, that scene from 'Hannibal' when Anthony Hopkins ate that dudes brain, and when Ben Stiller got his scrotum caught in his zipper in 'There's Something About Mary'.

All these movies made me hide under my blanket as I tried to sleep at night - except the scene from 'There's Something About Mary', that just made me grab my balls in a protective manner as I tried to sleep.

So which movies gave you nightmares when you were a kid?

Most Helpful Guy

• X-Files, but I really liked watching them when I was little with the lights on, re-watched some of those old VHS episodes. I was scared of toilets for a long time, because one was of this half-worm/half-man monster that lived in sewers (we weren't even connected to a sewer, it was a septic, but I didn't know any of that stuff back then). Also, Ernest scared stupid I was terrified of Trolls, and toilets/bathrooms, and now that I am grown I am still leery of trolls, just now it is internet trolls. Also I became more interested in Brussels sprouts... even though I still thought they were gross, and still do! Funny how many people are freaked by clowns, because of IT and Killer Clowns from Outer Space, because when I was little I actually thought killer clowns from outer space was funny and fun, I even used to joke with my father about being like the little evil clown in the scene where a biker asks him "whata ya gonna do, knock my block off?" and the little clown nodding and saying "mhm" right before he knocks his head off and it lands in a trash can.

What Girls Said 16

• In 2nd grade at a sleepover, we watched this R-rated movied [great judgement call by the mom, obviously lmao] called Mirror Mirror. I didn't have nightmares, but it made me HORRIFIED of mirrors for a few months afterward. Like, horrified enough to get multiple UTIs from holding my pee because I refused to go in any room with mirrors by myself, if I could avoid it. So I spent a lot of time avoiding bathrooms. I think I mainly went at school because there would usually be other girls in the bathroom with me.

But as a bonus, once I got over that, I haven't been even slightly frightened by a horror movie since, lol, and I've watched pleeenty of them.

• There's a chupacabra movie or are you talking about the real deal lol (if it is real)?

• There might be a movie about it, if so I need to find it. =P But I mean like the 'real deal'. Like when I was a kid, I would hear about it on tv, and sightings seemed to be gradually moving closer and closer to where I live, haha. I didn't like being outside after dark for a while, and I had an older friend who played up on those fears like an asshole.

• LMAO! One movie that gave my nightmares was 'The Ring' When I was about 8 I was having a sleepover with a good friend at the time and her dad rented it for us. That night we watched it and afterward I was so freaked out. My friend had fallen asleep and the phone rang like in the movie then the T.V started to do that static thing and I was so scared. I woke her up and we stayed up all night and morning walking around and going to some farm that was down the street from her which come to think of it was kind of creepy. The day after we went to some outdoor waterpark with her family and their friends and this guy was playing around throwing us in the water and when I came out of the water my hair was over my face and he said I looked like The Ring O.o

• Nightmare Before Christmas. I dreamt that Jack Skellington was after me and wanted to kill me.

• Why were you watching those movies as a child?

Anyway, the baby eating rat from Lady and the Tramp gave me nightmares, and sometimes the seven dwarves.

• I was like 7 and whenever I went for a sleepover my mate put those kinds of movies on lol

• Lady and the Tramp? only cartoons that scared me was The Hobbit and the Dark Crystal when I was 6 or 7. Gollum and the big Trolls and Shelob scared me to no point, but I couldn't stop watching, that's when I also started to love JRR Tolkien, perhaps the only books I ever read hahaha except for Curious George or Dr Seuss

• I actually like Lady and the Tramp, and the whole movie didn't scare me, just the part where the red-eyed rat came in and tried to eat the baby.

• Hide and Seek.:/

• the dark crystal.

• Interview with Vampire... when the women is chained to the chair and the roof opens up and she starts to burn and die...omg... :(

• Arachnophobia freaked me out :D

• Bride of Chucky, Jurassic Park & Hocus Pocus

Don't judge me :-(

• The Exorsist movie, omg that gave me REALLY bad nightmares! haha

• ahaha, The Rescuers. Medusa used to freak me out :P

• The Ring :o

• the exorcist

• house of a thousand corpses. so scary

• Michael Myers :/ I would dream he and my mama would kill me...took me years to get over having nightmares about him, It...can't even walk near those things in the sidewalk that lead to the sewer anymore...frikin clown might grab me, and this movie called "The Chaser" I always dream I'm the killer or that I keep running and I can never run fast enough.

• I know right, but why do we watch these movies when we're kids lol. It's not good, not good :/

• It was probably just a joke lol :P

• Yeah, maybe...heh

• saving private ryan. I had war nightmares for months

What Guys Said 9

• lmao, weird you should be asking this, this morning at breakfast with some friends we were talking about the exact topic.

Mine were: IT , The Ghoulies, Piranha, The Exorcist and a movie involving a Ouija board can't remember the title for this one, but in the end house keepers ask each other if this thing still works and throw the Ouija board in the trash dumpster, the camera zooms on it and the hart shape thing slides to

The last movies that scared the beegeezus outta me was the Ring and The Collector.

• Only movie to ever give me nightmares was the Sixth Sense when the one Ghost vomits. I don't know why but it did for awhile lol.

• Edward Scissorhands did even though I love watching it now

Unbreakable I just didn't like Samuel Jackson's character

• Yeah, I love that movie now that I'm older lol and Samuel Jackson in a wheelchair was creepy as..

• Anaconda. I still hate snakes

• Poltergeist, GhostBusters 1 and 2 lol.

• The ring

• Jaws-

• Carrie, Flowers in the Attic (was strangely similar to my childhood), and Christine

• Nightmare on elm street... still does - lol