Does it cost more to be a 21 year old girl or a 21 year old guy?

Like which gender spends the most money at that age?

I'm gonna be 21 soon so I figured I'd use that age.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say either, to be honest. Lots of girls spend money on makeup and clothes, while some don't. Lots of guys spend money on dates, some remain single. I think it all kinda balances out and depends on the individual, really.

What Girls Said 11

• Which ever chooses to spend more money at the time. It's entirely subjective and dependent on an analysis of income, wealth and spending. I could bring up some stats from the census or the bls, but that requires time :P you can do it if you're genuinely curious.

• I know that people like me spend "more money," or a higher percentage of my income, in general because I'm poor and way below the poverty line. Most all of my money is spent on rent, food, and transportation.

• I'm going to say girls. Besides the regular food, rent, phone bills, etc I spend a lot of money on clothing, hair, makeup, and what not. I also spend a sh*t ton of money on concert tickets and traveling to concerts because I'm a music junkie.

The only things the 21 year old guys I know buy beyond normal spending is alcohol and video games.

• I think girls and guys spend equally just in different ways. Girls spend money on looking good ex. Clothes,make up, and getting their hair done. Where guys spend money on fixing up their cars,gaming systems,games and other such things

• Depends on your lifestyles so hard to say

• i think the girls spend more.

• I agree with some of the people down there, but I would also like to point out that girls have to buy pads, tampons, midol, etc!

• Don't know, girls can get free drinks... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm going to say guys spend more. Glunfk you! tool.

• I'm gonna go with the expected answer here, and say it all depends on the person.

• Ofcourse girls! clothes, makeup, accessories, hair styling, etc...

• It definitely costs more to be a 21 year old girl ON AVERAGE.

Now I'm referring to the COST of the girl, irrespective of who's spending the money.

I say girls because stripping every luxury down, girls have more needs such as sanitary pads, conditioners etc.. Also, girls usually have MORE stuff than guys.

Generally, GIRLS spend most money at this age, although both guys and girls can spend as much as possible, depending on their wealth, their spending habits, psychological factors, etc..

• Girl.

We use more shampoo, soap, makeup, shaving gel, razors, tampons, toilet paper, tissues, clothes, shoes.

• I have to pay for dates. That cost a lot more that all of that.

• I date rich girls : /

• I guess it depends on the caliber of the date and who you date (like what kind of job he has). Dinners, movies, museums aren't going to break the bank.

What Guys Said 7

• 21 year old female. They spend money like their poodle-faced idol Paris Hilton. Guys your age just spend their money on clubbing, weed/beer, car, and hotel rooms.

• Guys also like to spend a sh*t load of money suping up their cars. Or they just buy a brand new car that's like a V8 and gets horrible gas mileage and then spend about 10 years paying it off

• girls that's why guys pay for dates

• I'm as frugal as it gets. For pete's sake, I take all my showers at the YMCA. The only thing I generally spend any surplus money on is the occasional concert. And hey, I'm 21.

Also, here's an idea, maybe it wouldn't be so expensive for you women if you didn't suffer from the illusion that having more clothers, more make-up, perfect hair and more shoes suddenly makes you more attractive.

• I'm guessing girl since guys typically don't need as much stuff (not being sexist, so don't be offended, and also I might be wrong and if I am please correct me).

• Money-wise? Easily a girl at basically any age. Then again, guys do tend to buy expensive electronics and whatnot hmm... still seems to be women with more spending issues. But SocietysBomb is right, girls get free drinks (stop buying them free drinks guys, make them work for it beyond their appearance) and that is costly if you're out drinking a lot. But I'm not soo...

• Do they have a car?

• 21 year old girl. They're high maintenance.