Do your friends compare themselves to you?

I am, pretty short in comparison to my friends I'm 5"4 and they range from 5"8 to 5"10 and they always say to me "oh you're so skinny, you have no tummy." which isn't exactly a rude thing to say it's really nice to hear considering I used to weigh a fair bit more than I do now but it's the way they say it like they're basically calling themselves fat in comparison to me. They are all taller than me and all have different shapes to me, I think someone who is taller than me should weigh more than I do logically. I hate that they do that to themselves and it makes me feel bad because they're comparing themselves to me and they shouldn't they're all gorgeous and have great body shapes and none of them are fat at all. When they say that sort of thing I always say " I worked really hard to get where I am and besides you look great" I don't know if this is the right thing to do though. What do you think?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• No, but I definitely compare myself to my friends. They're all taller and prettier than me and have lovely hair and skin and bodies...

• Well you shouldn't, everyone's different. We all have our good days and bad days, we just make things worse when we compare ourselves to other people it's not fair on ourselves.

• Don't worry.. girls are like that and always will be. Sometimes I've found myself saying things like... my eyelid is too squished for the sake of saying it because everyone around me was putting themselves down. What you are replying to them is completely fine.. just be proud that you have this self confidence that you don't feel the need to complain. You sound like a lovely friend so don't worry! :))

• Like everybody I have my good days and bad days so I do get down on myself sometimes but I usually keep quiet about it, thanks though :). Haha your eye lid is too squished?