Straight across bangs: turn on or off?

Ok I was thinking about getting straight across bangs for a while but my girlfriend told me her brothers think its the grossest thing ever. I have seen girls loook reallllllyy hot with them, and I've seen others look plain and terrible. I know what look I'm going for (hot austrialian blonde reporter in a safari) hahahhah, if that visual isn't descriptive enough. And I'm not planning on doing just a blunt cut. plus I want to dye my hair from blonde to like victoria secret model brown. but I doubt I can't pull it off as welll as they can. (btw the hair in my icon is the BLONDEST its everrr been) soo check out my pictures if its helps thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• No clue what straight across bang are, but I gotta say I like it the way it is in the pic.

What Guys Said 5

• Sorry, love.

That's ALL KINDS of bad idea.

Don't do it.

I doubt your hair can physically get any more gorgeous than it is right now.

The scissors will drop and you'll regret it.

• Never been a fan of bangs, preferring the long hair looked far better.

• I too love your pics, but I also LOVE straight bangs. Very hot.

• cut it shoulder length, with pink highlights.

• I think it is such a turn on. You have to do it ! I would even cut it for ya :)

What Girls Said 5

• I used to have straight across bangs and at the time I thought they looked good.

But then I decided to change it up. I Recently looked through some old pictures from about a year ago and you would not believe the difference. The straight across bangs made me look about 3 yeas younger than I actually was, and they didn't do anything for me. LIke they didn't make my eyes stand out or whatever.

So yea I don't really like straight across bangs they are kind of old and unflattering. (and annoying they grow so fast and they get in your eyes. and they are awful when you sweat they get greasy and they stick to your forehead)

And be careful when you style them, you don't want to make them too flat but you don't want to look like you are from the 80s. It's important to find that in between (which I never found)

But whatever makes you happy!

:)

• Steph,

Your hair is pretty as is. If you are bored and want to switch it up, try shortening your entire style... Bangs are risky since they take a long time to grow out and if they suck, you are stuck with them.

As far as the brown goes, DON'T DO IT. There is nothing more unattractive than seeing a girl with brown hair that so obviously used to have really blonde hair. It will be brassy guaranteed and it will fade guaranteed and before you know it, you will miss your blonde hair.

Stick with your natural hair color, you won't regret it.

• I regret mine big time! My boyfriend recently admitted that when I had them that was the only time he found me somewhat unattractive. Bangs are hot. but not straight across. They don't photograph well and the make you feel younger. BEWARE! haha and your blonde hair is gorgeous.

• I don't like them.

• it doesn't matter, if you're hot, either style should look good on you ie lady gaga music video poker face