GUYS and GIRLS: What do you honestly think of belly piercings?

Hi guys, I am under 18. I live in NYC. I have recently been considering and googling info on belly piercings. Some of my friend's have them. They say it didn't hurt. Some got it at St. Marks but it's dirty there.

GUYS: 1) What do you think of when you see a girl w a belly piercing? 2) Would you prefer a girl w a belly piercing or w.o one? 3) Overall, what is your opinion on belly piercings?

GIRLS: 1) Do you have your belly pierced? 2) Did it hurt and what was the procedure/process like [as much detail as you can remember, please]. 3) How much did it cost and where did you go? 4) How old were you and how old are you now, how is you're piercing doing? 5) If you had the choice, would you get it done all over again? 5) Did your piercing get infected or have health problems after? 6) Do you play sports or exercise a lot? When/What month did you get yours pierced? Was it hard to take care of in the winter/summer,etc.

Thanks for your answers and I hope this will give me a better and more knowledgeable understanding and help me make an informed decision! :D

• Yes, I would you get it done all over again if I had the choice.
  • No, I would NOT get it done all over again if I had the choice.
I have a typo, the first #5 for the GIRLS is repeated in the poll, I forgot to delete it before I entered the new question for #5, the second one.
Please if you all would answer the numbers for your gender in your comments, I don't care about the poll, just the answers!
Not getting it done till I am FOR SURE I want, probably gonna be when I turn 18 or so...I'm an impulsive and indecisive girl. :P haha
I got it done in 10th grade. I got my cartilage pierced in 12th grade. I got my nose pierced a few wks ago (just finished my first year at college).

Thanks for all of your super helpful answers! Definitely helped my decision! (:

Most Helpful Girl

• when I was younger I would loooooove to have a belly piercing but I am absolutelly afraid of needles! so I didn`t get one but to be honest I don`t regret getting one I still think they look hot but I am more the classy type and now they would not fit into the rest of my style

• " I am absolutelly afraid of needles! so I didn`t get one but to be honest I don`t regret getting one" Do you have one or no...?

So what you are saying is that it's better to make the decision when you are older, rather than be impulsive and get one when you are younger? How old are you?

• somehow I am glad I didn`t get one

• IKR? Since you're reading all this feedback?

What Guys Said 9

• It's unattractive IMO. I'd prefer without. My overall opinion is that they're pointless accessories that serve no function.

• I don't care pretty much but the girls that had them... well, I wouldn't have any kind of serious relationships with them.

• Why is that? Does it send a slutty message?

• Dont classify all girls with bellybuttons rings as sluts.

So, lets say you met a sweet, and down-to-earth girl..then later on you found out she had her's done..you would just end it with her, and not want any kind of relationship with her because of it.?

• @Angelyn: I was speaking of first impressions, that meaning not knowing the person at all.

If you see a guy hanging around girls, you might think he's an asshole/jerk/player. It might very well not be so, get what I'm trying to say?

Regardless, I said I DIDN'T REALLY CARE MUCH about it. If I see a girl approaching me and she has a belly pierce, I won't take her serious. She's very much welcome to try and prove to me OTHERWISE.

• My wife had one when we met, she removed it during pregnancy.

I thought it was kind of sexy back then, I don't like the look as much now. I think I got bored of it. I had a few piercings too back then.

If you want it, get it, you can remove it later.

• Poll needs a "never had it done, don't care to have it done, no care about it" option :P can kinda look trashy/slutty but at the same time it's not like it matters.

• So say you meet an awesome girl, you are falling for her. Would you more likely choose to date the same girl with a belly piercing or the same girl without one? It's the same girl, except you have the option of her having a belly ring or none.

• Haha, well as long as you're happy with your life and decision :P don't regret anything!

• Yes, that's what they say, "live life to the fullest w.o any regrets"

• I prefer women with nothing pierced but their ears. But a belly button piercing wouldn't be as big a turn-off as say a lip or tongue piercing. It wouldn't be a deal breaker...

• Why do you find it as a turn off? A lotta guys say "you should get a belly piercing, it's so sexy!"

• I wouldn't really be turned off by a belly button piercing, but I wouldn't be turned on either. I'd prefer no piercings. It's your body, but having someone poke a hole in me just because some people say it's sexy isn't something I would do. Unless you really want to do it independent of what others say then I'd say don't do it. Don't set a precedent in your life of doing things just because other people want you to...

• Thanks! Good answer!

• HOT HOT HOT. I absolutely love girls with navel piercings. My Girlfriend has one and it is so incredibly sexy.

• to me it kind of looks like fishing tackle hanging from your bellybutton. Iv dated a couple girls with a bunch of piercings and trust me bellybutton cheese sounds like the most unappealing thing in the world. Ugh, puke on my face.

• Eww so they had dirt cus of their piercing there?... o.O

• no, the natural discharge stuff from piercings I pleasantly refer to as "ear cheese" and it smells horrible. belly button cheese sounds even more horrible.

• uhm eww, that's nasty! I have my ears pierced and I do not have that. Sometimes you get crusty's because it bleeds and then itches round the piercing but it's not like ear wax or "cheese" just scabs... xP

• HOT!

• I always though I wanted a girl withnjust one ear hole percing it shows class and I like that, but a small belly percing is actuely pretty sexy but if to big it destroys everything. So as long as small you would look good in a bikin

What Girls Said 10

• Skanky and so over done. Why go for something almost every person on this planet has or had at some point?

Be creative, improvise! :)

• What do you mean when you say "Be creative, improvise! :) " ?

• Haha then it's better you didn't go through with it. ^_^

• totally! (; *PHEW* lmfao

• I don't even have ear piercings. I don't care for it. Seems like a waste of time and money to me. Though it looks good on other girls, I don't like the idea of metal stabbing into my body and staying stabbed. This is partly a country girl thing, which I am, and havin' grown up watching chickens and cows beheaded right in front of my eyes. . .well, you get the picture.

• Oh wow that's quite an image I got there. Thanks a lot. Yeah, I got my ears pierced in 5th grade.

• moloz, my country girlfriend and I were part of a school trip many years ago where we went to see someone cutting open a human body in a hospital. The only people who threw up were the city kids. Us country folks did not, we're used to the site and smell of all that yellow, purple and red.

• Yea guys, I'm a total city kid, New York City baby! But I go camping every summer in the woods, w a tent, no bathroom, no electricity, just a log cabin in the middle of nowhere in Vermont (:

• I don't have my bellybutton peirced, and its kind of a battle with myself.

i think, that if its a clean charm, like, its not tooo skanky, that it can be suuuper cute.

but at the same time, id only want it in the summer, when I'm tanned, and not in the winter, when I'm pasty white - because it would like.. blend in :P

also, make sure you have the body for it. that's my main concern for myself - don't really have the super flat tummy, so it wouldn't be surperb.

One of my best friends mom's an OBGYN, and she totally doesn't reccomend it, even though Court's already got hers pierced. She says its gross when you're pregnant, which I totally believe.

Also, I don't know if you play really intense physical contact sports, but Court does. She plays compet rugby, and so she has to take it out, or its very likely it would get ripped out.. :/ yuck.

there's always going to be horror stories about it, but just think about it - its getting a piercing. There are risks involved, so I guess its just how much time & care you're willing to put into it.

• Haha okay thanks, yea I play soccer (:

So the mom doesn't like it but she let her daughter get one anyways?

• i asked my friends on Facebook and they gave me wishy washy answers :P

• lol, yeah. its kind of iffy, I think.

• I do have mine pierced. I got it at St. Mark's, actually, it wasn't dirty at all. And they were really helpful with how to clean it afterward, etc. It didn't hurt that much, either. Pinch the skin on top of your belly button hard. That's all it is. It was sore for a bit afterward but it really wasn't that bad. The place was called Andromeda (I forget how much it cost). I was 15, I know that sounds really young but I really wanted it at the time. I'm really not sure why, but I'm 18 and still have it. The thing is, I'm not at all an "attention loving" kind of person, I'm not a whore or slut or anything, people that have known me for a while still are surprised about it and don't know about it. I kind of just got it for me, and I'm happy with it. And I know I can take it out whenever I want. I cleaned mine with soap twice a day for like, at least a month. And I had this salt water spray. I didn't go in chlorine until 6 months after, but it wasn't that hard cause I got it in November. I'd definitely recommend going in the fall so you don't have to miss out on the pool in the summer.

Anyway, bottom line, I don't regret it. It's a surprise about me a lot of people don't know. And it doesn't come off slutty at all if you're not a slutty person. It's all about how you carry yourself.

• Wow thanks! Yea ugh like I'm still so indecisive about it. I want but I think ill wait till I'm 18 then see if I want...(:

• I just got mine done like 3 days ago. It was 50 where I went and it's a really clean place. They just drew two dots and a line, I laid down, they used a clamp on my skin then pierced it and then stuck in the jewelry. Didn't really hurt to bad, all I did was say ow then made some ugly faces. For all guys who say it's a slutty thing or whatever, it's really not and if you don't look like a slut you shouldn't be perceived as one with the piercing. I kinda have that whole pasty white skin and innocent look going on so I figured I'm not gonna be looked at as trash. You also need a good stomach for it, my stomachs really flat and perfect for it IMO and I really like my piercing.

• I'm a girl, and I say on WOMEN, it looks so beautiful and exotic! <3 I definitely want to get one soon! On a guy, I say hell no...

• Thanks! I ended up getting it and recently a nose piercing and cartilage!

• I had my belly pierced but it closed up because I took it out because I got pregnant. It didn't hurt as much as I though it would, but tbh I closed me eyes and squeezed my friends hand getting it done. Lol. I was 15. I'm going to get it re - pierced in August when I'm back from my holidays. It didn't get infected but it was red for ages and hurt. I do exercise everyday and I used to play soccer when I got it pierced I didn't exercise and I got it done in summer. I think June? I just cleaned it with salt and warm water everyday night. Get it done I really liked it :)

• Hhaa thanks! oh so how old are you now? CONGRATS ON BEING PREGNANT! How far along are you, boy or girl? (:

• I had her when I was 16 a year ago. I'm 17 now. But you should get it done :) I think there hot !

• i wouldn't like to have one, I've heard it looks kind of gross when your older. but idk, if you want one, then get it.

• bellies are 4 poking and tickling not peircing

• it's really cute. I love mine