I want longer hair?

I really want my hair to grow out cause it barely touches my shoulders... and I know that you aren't supposed to wear head bands or have your hair up to much when you want it to grow... but I play lacrosse ever day so I need to wear headbands everyday... Is there anything else I can do to help my hair grow out?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Don't wash your hair everyday. This will strip your hair of the natural oils it needs to be healthy. Healthy hair= hair that will grow.

2. Use a deep conditioner once a week to help heal breakage. I use Aussie's 3 minute miracle.

3. Exercise- looks like you have got this covered, but excerise will cause blood flow, and more blood flow to your head, the more your hair will grow. Weird but true.

4. Massage your head- just like I said above, blood flow will help your hair grow. Increase the blood flow by massaging your scalp for 2 min while in the shower.

5. Don't overuse heating tools- try to refrain from using them all the time

6- If you do use heat tools, use a heat protectant like Tresseme's Heat Tamer ( 3$)

7- Take vitamins. Biotin is a great vitiamin for strong hair, nails etc. Strong Healthy hair is hair that will grow.

I hope this helped!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 5

• Certain vitamins can help:

-Biotin.I do take these everyday,they do help.Unfortunately my hair is very curly so you can see the hair growth when I straighten it.It is known to help sin,hair and nails,but some people have said it can cause them to break out or worsen cystic acne.If you do begin taking Biotin pills,don't be freaked out when or if you pee highlighter yellow,biotin isn't toxic,it isn't fat soluble which means it does flush out.

-Fish oil pills.I started taking these last year when I cut my hair(above my shoulders) and it...ugh...stupid short hair.Anyways,my hair began growing faster,of course,hair does have a limit as to how fast it can grow per month.

I recommend staying away from pills that are directed towards "hair growth"

Hair is made up of water and protein.Every strand is 1/8 water I believe,so make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated through out the day.

The best fruits and vegetables for hair are carrots,cucumbers,apples,bananas(1 a day,no more,too much sugar),avocado(no more than 2-3 a week),strawberries,tomatoes.

Best foods with protein are almonds,walnuts,oysters,salmon,soybeans(edamame) in moderation,tilapia,oatmeal.

If anything,try to remain stress free,eat healthy(fruits,vegetables and protein).

On a side note,yes massaging your scalp is said to help stimulation of blood flow,which can increase growth.Many native indian tribes use Jojoba oil while massaging.

So In short,my recommendation:

-Biotin pills.

-Fish oil pills.

-Drink enough water to stay hydrated.

-Take care of your hair externally.Shampoo,condition.

It is my answer:)

• hahaa thanks alot...but I don't think I would ever try the biotin pills...lol and the link helped a lot too :)

• when you're taking a shower, massage your scalp.also eat healthyly because it nurishes your hair and roots so it doesn't fall out as easily

• i know taking fish oil is good for your hair

• drink enough water, massage your scalp and be careful with you hair

i also once have heard that hair grows faster in summer or if the weather is warm

• try avoid doing things to your hair that causes breakage like overusing your flatiron or curlers. You should use weekly treatments to allow your hair to soak in nutrients which keeps it healthy. I've heard that taking silica vitamins help encourage hair growth.. they're usually combined with zinc which promotes healthy keratin growth which is in your hair.