I'm feeling extremely self-conscience about my body before meeting him!

I met my, essentially, boyfriend online and we haven't been able to see each other until now. it's been about 9 months since we first met and we're barely getting to see each other in person for the first time! I'm extremely nervous because I'm not the thinnest of girls. sure I may look thin but I hide it very well. I carry it all in my stomach and I hate it! I've been working on losing it for a whilebut Haven't been to the gym in about a week due to the fact that I just got a tattoo on my foot and I can't cover it up just yet. all the girls he has dated in the past have been petite girls. so it make me nervous! I know he had said once he likes a girl whos in shape and thin. I for one am freaking out about my gut. its making me nervous to see him, and I'm wondering what if he chooses to not continue talking to me because of my body? he has reassured me he has fallen for me and it won't matter, he's just happy to get to see me. is it possible to get over feeling so self-conscience? I've been looking into a personal trainer so I can shed this weight I've been working hard on losing! its not easy. oh and also I have sent him pictures of me before so he know how my body looks in clothes though haha. things are different naked! lol I've told him before I am definately not a petite girl and that I'm not the thinnest. he said neither am i.

i recently saw pictures of one of his ex's... long story on how. and she was very pretty and she was a thicker girl. maybe when he says petite he means like short? because I know a lot of people can be considered petite and still be chubby. because she was def chubby... and short.

Most Helpful Girl

• He likes you, 9 months are not going to be forgotten just because you look a little different than his usual type.

Though, from what I gather I don't think you are that fat.

Let me know how things work out, and seriously don't worry about this, it's better to be excited that you are about to see him :)

• thanks! you're probably right. I will have to let you know how it goes, yes! :)

• As for your update, then you have nothing to worry about!

Except what you're going to wear haha,that's always a difficult choice good luck!

• thanks again! I know I've already been trying to decide what to wear! haha

What Guys Said 2

• well he said that he's fallen for you and it won't matter, so I would take his word on that

• Insecurity is a bigger turn off than a few extra pounds.

What Girls Said 3

• Haven't you seen pictures of each other?

• Petite usually refers to shorter women regardless of weight. That's why you'll find a petite section in department stores which are dedicated to clothes with shorter pants, dresses and sleeves than the average.

• Don't freak out. He has been communicating with you for 9 months, he likes you. You might not be his "type" but it doesn't matter. You've sent him pics, he knows what you look like, it'll be fine. He's human too so I'm sure he isn't perfect either. The important thing is be confident (and wear clothes that show off your assests and hide your imperfections).

• :) thanks! I def know how to dress myself to look good too! so that's a good thing!

• I don't think he would care. From what you wrote, he has already said he won't care, and he has already seen a picture of you. He knows what he is getting himself into, so stop worrying.