What is up with Egyptian style sandals. Girls and their shoes (god love them :P )

I have seen many girls wearing Egyptian-like style sandals lately..compared to well..that matter..last year..I find them OK but nothing beats heels of course (attractiveness)..

So what I am wondering is what is up with this craze..why do you like this sort of style?

Most Helpful Girl

• They're "hoplite" shoes -- reminiscent of gladiators, amazonian queens, Egyptian princesses. Pretty and "tough" at the same time. You can't wear biker-chick boots ALL the time, lol.

Theoretically, they're comfortable, but the reason hoplites switched to something with more coverage was the damage to the foot when running around. Basic.

Anyway, the trend is back and has stuck around for a while now.

Sometimes you wear high heels, sometimes fancy flats. It's just a matter of preference, season and environment.

What Girls Said 5

• Do you mean these link or these link as the latter is known as gladitors. Not 100% sure about America but I know that over here it can get hot Those sandals are summery and in fashion so why not. Some of them can look pretty good depending on the outfit you wear. In fact I'm on a mission to go out and buy a pair later on today :D.

• They are called gladiators, and they match most outfits, and pretty comfortable and come in neutral colors to match almost anything. Sometimes they also have small heels

• gladiator sandles are in style now and sold at many stores

• not really my style, I wouldn't wer them personally

• I don't like those gladiator/Egyptian style sandals. I'm short at 5'4'' so wearing those shoes cuts me off at the ankles and makes me look even shorter and chubbier!

What Guys Said 0