Black girls, how do you manage your hair?

Black girls , how do you manage your hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyday routine:

-Shampoo with Mane 'n Tail Original Shampoo

-Condition with Mane 'n Tail Original Shampoo

-Moisturize with EVOO

-Brush with a square paddle brush

-Mousse(when I'm going out)

-Deep condition once a week

I've been wearing it down curly with mousse for the past...6 months?

I've been picky lately about the shampoo and conditioner I use and as soon as I finish the Mane 'n Tail I'm switching to Burts Bees(sulfate, petrochemical free products)

I'm mixed though, so not sure if that counts

• Oh trust me being mixed counts. I am, but I hate my hair, so its up almost everyday.

What Girls Said 13

• Well, I'm a natural head girl. The only time I wasn't was when I straightened my hair with flat iron for three years but other than that-natural. My hair is a little below my shoulders and I wear it in braids or twists. I wash my hair every other day and I re-do my braids or twists once a week (sometimes I slack to two week ^_^) But sometimes I wear it wavy. Just depends on my mood :P But its pretty simple. I think I spend 20 every two months on my hair lol.

• I wash my hair every other day or every three days.

-Day before I wash my hair I prepoo with coconut and jojoba oil
    - the day of I was my hair with a sulfate free organic shampoo, I use doctor beginners right now. However I only wag my hair with shampoo occasionally
    - if I'm not washing with shampoo I'm cowashing
    - I add a hair ask in (usually twisted sista) put my hair in a bun and let it chill for couple of hours.
    - then I condition my hair I'm using organic argan oil right now and finger deranged
    -leave in a bun while I was my body.
    -take oh of bun and deranged with wide tooth comb
    -add shae moisture curl and style milk am the curl and style soufflé
    -then I oil my scalp. Pick if I need to.
    -now I'm done

• Well Im a natural hair chick I been natural for 4 years and 9 months I wash my hair 1-2 times a wk to avoid my hair from drying out. I don't like my hair oily or too dry bc when its dry it tends to cause breakage. I cowash meaning I only use conditioners. and I only shampoo hair when im about to use flat iron on hair. I dont do any styles that could possibly cause tension and I usually wear a frontlace / wig for low maintenance. So far my hair is past my bra strap so this method works for me. hope this helps :)

• When it's natural;

comb it, moisturize it, style it.

Straighten it with a flat iron when I want to, then just comb it and keep it from getting dry.

• Ohh this is a fun question! I wash every 1-2 weeks, because our hair doesn't get dirty or oily fast. When I do I deep condition, then detangle and moisturize, detangle again. And let my hair get damp before twisting it up or just wearing a fro, there are a LOT of styles we can do. Oh and Im natural

• What a random question lol I keep it simple,: I wet it, put conditioner in it, and comb it. Then j leave it down or tie it in a pony tail.. but I'm mixed..so I don't know if that counts? Ha oh well:)

• I do many different hairstyles but my most done hairstyle is... I wet my hair in the shower, then put it in an afro puff ponytail. Omg everyone loves it hahaha.

• i only use things i find in my kitchen on my hair. eggs, mayo, avocado, honey, the sorts. using sprays and all other chemical substances makes it difficult to handle

• on the day that i'm washing, i put a hair mask on then wash it out and put olive oil and castor oil in my hair, blow dry then straighten and then braid it every night.

• Don't worry about because its just like anyone else you can wash it braid it comb it brush it

• just curious as to why you want ot know...?

• there are many different ways to manage hair

• Right now I am growing out my relaxer so I Have about 5-6 inches of natural roots. The way I manage it: I wash it with conditioner only about every 2-3 days, then apply aloe vera gel and a little grease to seal in the moisture and slick it back. I'll either wear it in a bun or do the wash and go curly look. When I want to wear it straight I'll wash with shampoo, then condition, then add silken serum and heat protectant before I blow dry and flat iron with a ceramic flat iron

What Guys Said 1

• why do you wanna know?