Opinions on double eyelid surgery?

link

This is very popular.

Most Helpful Guy

• waste of time!

What Guys Said 5

• Wow, such a pointless surgery I can't honestly say I even cared for how a girls eyelids looked. People should be happy with what they are born with

• Can't you just be you and be happy with that?

I'd have to see your face to understand.

• sorry for the confusion. I don't want it (I'm white).

I love the diversities of cultures and It's sad for me to them trying to conform and look westernized/white:/ That goes for all cultures (blacks bleaching their skin,etc.) I wish they would embrace their ethnicity instead of hiding it.

• Tbh, because a lot of them do. Not all, of course, but all the celebrities (Jackie Chan and whatnot) did it to fit in. That was in part a fault of my country. My country REALLY didn't trust Asians for the longest time after WWII and even before that they always were racist to them cause they "looked different." Why do you think only Japanese Americans were put into camps and not German Americans? Because German Americans were white :\

• Hey Leto, you should look up what was really happening to German Americans before you make your comments.

• I know about it, I don't have a problem with it as long as there are no kids involved.

• link she's only 18. Though its legal, I think that's way too young.

• pretty sure the after guy is jackie chan

• really stupid

What Girls Said 12

• Hmm,

I've heard about this - though I don't see the point to it. I think Asians have the most beautifully shaped eyes, especially the women because they have that natural slant that a lot of people copy in hollywood, (cat's eye makeup.)

But, it always seems like a theme among Asians, to try and be as westernized, white, or Americanized. I don't understand why - they are a really unique people and their culture is absolutely incredible.

• ok just thought I'd contribute an answer to this question after posting a comment.

first of all, a lot of girls on here are saying that Asians who perform eyelid surgery = want to look white <<< BULLSHIT. people have this misconception that any Asian with single eyelids who performs a double eyelid surgery is trying to look white/westernised. I'm sorry to disappoint but that's not it. well yea maybe it is the case for like 5% of those who do it, but that does not apply to the rest.

double eyelids don't belong solely to white people.

south east Asians (filipinos, thais, viets, malays, indonesians, cambodians etc) and a lot of chinese people (especially those in the north) have natural double eyelids. and from what I know, a lot of single lidded Asians who perform double eyelid surgery, want to look like the other Asians with double eyelids, NOT white people. recently, my good friend had surgery done on her lids, and even our fellow Asians condemned her for doing so because they thought she "wanted to look white" (oh please).

i have double eyelids, and yet, my eyes still look like they're Asian eyes. so if Asians get surgery done on their lids and they look just like the other Asians with double eyelids, HOW is it that they're trying to look white?!

this is a really stupid and ignorant assumption to make, and is in all honesty, irritating. I know everyone finds this hard to believe, but most Asians do not want to look westernised/white. end of story

• Okay, okay - my bad. The westernized association with Asian's is just something that appears in correlation together. Why? Idk. Perhaps it's just arrogant American thinking. I have very prominent Korean influences in my family, and they all have their genetic one - lid eyes; I think their absolutely gorgeous, and I just don't understand why any Asian person would change that?

• why is it any different than making your nose straighter or your boobs bigger? all cosmetic surgeries are the same

• The doctor did a good job though.

but that is not a gd thing to do,it's not a good idea to change the way you been created,i think you been created that way for a reason,and think about it like this"If you were perfect you would be selfish and mean and you won't care about other people's feelings,you wouldn't know how they feel,you would be the bi** That every1 hates and many guys would want you for your beauty not you so they will use you,you won't know who is right for you and probably would sleep around alot.

no future in that.

There're so many other choices to look gd in your own way,you can change your hair colour,you can lose weight,you can clear your skin but not change it the way people are doing these days,change your style,grow your hair,cut it,wear make up,take care of your skin...etc there are so many chances to look good without doing a surgery or the other new things because its just insane..

1of my friend wanted to change her skin from white to brown because she thinks she will look prettier that way! I just don't see her that much bad looking because she is good looking,she says Others friends,their skin colour fit them! well most of my friends didn't change anything,they all was born that way and we didn't change anything we just accepted it the way it is..black,brown,white we all the same way but she doesn't want to accept that,so she doesn't see that she has an amazing clear skin,she is blind I told her that,thank god she didn't change anything and listened to me..

Like the first girl said Asian people are unique but they also like my friend,they can't see that, because they are blind,i love some of their eyes shapes,some of them have eyes kind of like a circle and looks amazing,cant describe it.

the TV just made people crazy.

• I think it's creepy and unnecessary.

• stupid,i love all races and I think they should stick with what they naturally have,not everybody has to be white,this goes for blacks bleaching their skin too-creepy dangerous unnecessary sh*t

• Well, it certainly makes there eyes look a whole lot bigger. The thought of surgery on eyelids though... *shudders*

• haha! yes I have heard about this. I totally agree with Sweetoness though about how Asians want to 'westernise' themselves with fair skin, large eyes, lighter hair (or anything that's NOT black).

I don't have an opinion of double eyelid surgery.. if you want it then no-one should stop you from having it. It's not making you look 'fake' unlike other surgeries (such as lip collagen, breast implants and botox)

• I know it's common for Korean girls but I never heard of Chinese girls doing it.

I think the double eyelid thing makes your eyes bigger but one of the biggest reasons for doing it is so Asian girls can put on eyeliner and eyeshadow (much easier when you know where the line goes).

And most girls that do this surgery wants to look like Asian celebrities or peers with double eyelids, IT'S NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO LOOK WHITE!

I don't think it's necessary but it does make you prettier.

• Kinda creepy.

• can't you just wear makeup that will make you look good?

I mean if it is not so costly and also if it is not so painful, then go for it.

I think it's just like getting laser eye surgery. Some people think it will hurt and cost too much (2grand).

I don't have laser eye surgery because my left eye is really bad and if my right eye screws up with it, then I will not have sight... eeek

but my friend did it and loves it.

weigh the good and the bad, and go for the one that has more good to it.

• I think Asian eyes a beautiful and I would be scared to do any kind of surgery.