Why are hipsters the new hated style?

i'm NOT NOT NOT talking about the stereotypical hipster attitude. ONLY THE STYLE.

everyone seems to hate it but I think hipster girls can look real cute and hipster guys can be HOT. some can look gross, I don't like the hobo hipster look, but the artistic hipster look is really nice.

MORE HIPSTER BOYS PLZZZZZ

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't get it either. I understand everyone has a different personal style, but that's no reason to hate on people who have different tastes than you.

Just like any style, there's a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it.

This isn't very attractive: link

link

But this is: link

link

link

link

• I'm pretty sure she said hipsters. None of those links look like hipsters to me. :-/

• I always thought that's what a hipster was. Also, I Googled "hipster girls" and "hipster guys" to get those images.

What Guys Said 9

• The style is not a problem. the problem is

a) as you said, the attitude, and

b) the general lack of hygiene (this may not be a problem with hipsters in your area)

Having lived in hipster central most of my life, I hate hipsters with a fiery passion unimaginable by most, BUT I don't have any problem with the style. Except maybe the skinny jeans on heftier dudes. That one's a no-no.

Also, because it's a fad, made ironic by the fact that they're ALL saying the SAME stupid thing: "I'm different from everyone else"

• its just people don't like them because no-one likes pod people, or superficial attitudes... *cough cough*

• Its just horrible, if you went back into my high school days you could have labeled me a "hipster" along with all the other kids I used to chill with. In reality we were just a bunch of kids who listened to a lot of different music and smoked a lot of pot. Now its a fad, something to consume and buy and make yourself into, something that will fade away and honestly I'm starting to think it looks completely redic. Anyway, like the guy said below me; a girl should like me for who I am, not how I dress.

• people hate on hipsters cause the majority of people feel they dress like that for attention. I personally don't care and can care less how they dress. I'm not a hipster cause that's just not what I'm into but I don't understand why hipsters dress that way other than for attention. I wish I knew why so I could sympathize for the hate they get but I cant.

• I do not hate any stereotype..however I would not ever be a hipster...not even if a girl liked it...she should like me for me...and nothing else...

• It's because of the attitude. Anyone who looks like a hipster will have that attitude or be thought of as having that attitude, which makes them pretty much the most hated group in the world, right after Nazis and clowns.

• People say I dress like a hipster. Do I come off as having that attitude?

• Hmm...ok. Though maybe this is why people don't approach me.

• It's conceivable. I probably wouldn't be itching to approach someone dressed like a hipster that I didn't know.

• Because it looks silly. Especially those damn colored glasses.

• Because it's an ugly style. It looks awful.

• poseurs

What Girls Said 5

• I just get tired of it because I feel like they are all just trying to look the same and copying each other. Going to the thrift stores and buying the most overpriced, ill fitting, mismatched clothes, getting the same haircuts as each other and pretending to be "unique".

• It gets to be contrived.

Original hipsters weren't so contrived- they wore whatever, sported their favorite bands, listened to underground stuff.

NOW, the style is a style- plaid, skinny jeans, dark rimmed glasses, beanies, and random band shirts that most don't even know who they are.

• Is it hipster if you've been dressing like that for years, though? Because that's been my style for the past 6 or 7 years. Also, I only wear band shirts if I LOVE the band.

• @lost in translation-so this has been your style for 6 or 7 years huh?

*checks profile pictures*

yep, that explains everything now.

• Explains what?

• i like the style,i like the music-but their attitude makes people associate it with horrid horrid things

• "hipsters" are self proclaimed, ugly, stereotypical, hypocritical, self-righteous, overrated, conformists. they don't even exist. anyone who says they are "hipster" aren't hipster and only a true "hipster" hates hipsters more than anything in the world because they can spot a poser a mile away. thus, they don't exist. also, those who dub themselves "hipster" only listen to hipster-approved bands and wear hipster-approved clothes. the whole idea is based on a single conformist style.

• I guess I don't know what "hipsters" are. Do you have a link you can share to give an example?