How to tell what a guy is looking for?

I met this guy on a dating site. We have not met in person yet but emailed back a forth a little. He is really hot, if that is his real pic. He tells me he wants to take me to a restaurant or go for a walk in the park to get to know each other. He tells me how he respects women and he will dress nice and he is looking for something long lasting. I don't mind if a guy is forward and tells me he is looking for a one night stand or friends with benefits because then I know and don't have to think about it. I hate the lies and misleading. I don't want to meet this guy if he is after only one thing.

He was a perfect gentle man the entire time.

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll just have to spend time with him in person. You'll be able to read his responses and body language better. It's good that he's sharing these things with you. Go out on a date with him and observe how he acts and talks around you. Does he ask you about you? Does he hold doors for you? Those are the kinds of things you should look for.

What Guys Said 3

• what would you rather him say to make you not doubt him?

• Just wondering if there is a way to tell before I go out with him. There doesn't appear to be so I will just have to meet him in person and take it from there.

• if there was a way to tell I don't think the "player" market would be nearly as big as it is

• LOL true.

• ...ask...him?

Just be direct but don't be rude about it.

• unfortunately you can only know that by meeting up. get to know him a little more, and make sure it's a restaurant or somewhere public the first time or two.

• Thanks for the advice, I think I might have to go ahead and do that.

What Girls Said 1

• ,...