Would you ever or have you ever seen a movie by yourself?

I've never seen a movie by myself, I think that's so sad. I don't mind eating or shopping by myself, but there's no way in hell I'm going to sit in a theater by my lonesome.

What about you guys? Have you ever seen a movie by yourself? And if you haven't, would you ever?

• I have seen one (or many) by myself
  • I have not, but I don't have a problem with it
  • I have not and I will not
good for you guys. I personally would never and in all the times I've been to the movies, I've never seen anyone sitting by themselves

Most Helpful Guy

• I go to the movies by myself if it's a film that none of my friends want to see or they have seen it already. I don't talk when I'm watching a movie anyway, so even when I do go with other people I might as well be on my own. When a movie is playing, the cinema is probably one of the least sociable places you could be, so going with a friend or on your own makes no difference.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes. In fact I went to go see Transformers 3 by myself. Movies to me is not a social activity since you don't talk during the movie anyway. I go because I want to see the movie and nobody else wants to go.

I have a thing for seeing movies opening weekend and most of my friends (except for my friend Tim, who is like me, but doesn't live nearby) would rather see it after it's been in the theater for a few weeks. I don't know, I just think there's something magical about seeing a blockbuster movie on opening night/opening weekend, and I would rather give up the social aspect of moviegoing than that magic. So if my friends want to go at a later date, fine. I'll see it opening weekend by myself, and see it again with them, later, if I liked it.

• I've actually been thinking about doing it lately. I've been tempted in the past but never did. My friends are the type who over analyze stuff and won't go unless its something they think looks good and gets really good reviews. So I feel like I miss seeing a lot of movies I want to see because my friends won't ever go with me. It's not that I'd be embarrassed sitting in the theater, it's after when someone asks me who I went with and I have to tell them I went by myself.

• I went to see 'The Matrix' by myself in the theaters by myself opening night. I watch movies at home alone often. Just watched Salt last night.

If you truly want to see the movie, go see it, regardless of what anyone else thinks. You never know, you may meet someone there watching it alone, too!

• yes, it's not a big deal to me.

• I only saw one before by myself, Scott Pilgrim vs The World because Scott Pilgrim is so f***ing awesome and no one else I know (all two of them left around here) wanted to go. I generally hate going to the movies by myself. I hate doing things by myself when I'm out and about in general. Thus I don't get out much and why I stick to reading, playing games and whatnot. Going out for walks though is about all I do, still would prefer to go on walks with someone though :\ or at least with a dog. Too bad I can't have a dog :P

• I do whenever no one wants to/ is able to see the movie I'm going to watch. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

• I prefer going to the cinema by myself. That way, I don't have to wait for others. I hate being late. I arrive really early at the theater.

At home, yea I prefer watching a movie at home alone as well. That way, I don't start talking to other people during the movie.

• I have, many times.

• On my 17th birthday...I watched my first rated-R movie by myself...I had seen them before...but never alone...that is really the only time I have ever gone to a theatre and watched it by myself...

• All the time. What's sad is people who are scared to be alone.

• i have tons of times. I use to work at a theater and would have to splice the film together then watch it to make sure it worked, the projector was a piece of junk. it was kinda nice having the whole theater to myself.

• If I go to the theater, it's typically with friends. I usually just wait until stuff is out on DVD to go watch it, though. I have no problem going to the theater (or anywhere else) by myself, though.

• Why the hell not? If your friends are busy or don't feel like seeing the movie you want to, are you just going to say "Oh well, I guess I won't see it" just because you can't stand being alone? THAT'S sad.

• ya, I'm not a huge movie fan but sometimes I just like to go ondemand by myself without calling a lot of attention to it haha

What Girls Said 14

• I actually almost did a few weeks ago. There were a few movies I wanted to see and no one wanted to go with me because they have already seen them, or they were not interested in seeing those movies. So I almost did. My boyfriend told me not to, because he didn't want me to look like a loner, but he was the one who wouldn't go with me to see some of them! :P

• I go to the movies by myself most of the time. I think for every four films I see, three of those times are by myself. This is because none of my friends want to see it or they have already gone to see it, or it's a film I really want to see but my friend who also wants to see it eventually cancels and I go see it just before it comes off the big screen. Going cinema by myself doesn't bother me at all. It means no one whispers in my ear to distract me and I can concentrate on the film. Sometimes I do it just to get some alone time away from those I know. I've also seen others who go by themselves, like yesterday, another girl came and sat down in the single space next to mine. Some people do think it's sad that others go cinema by themselves, but at the end of he day I don't care what ohers think. I'm only there to enjoy a film I really want to see.

• I went to the movies by myself when Transformers came out. I was supposed to go with a friend and his boyfriend, but he was out of town and I really wanted to see the movie. It wasn't bad. I didn't have to deal with ongoing talking or little side comments.

• I watch movies at home by myself sometimes, but movies are one of those things I like to watch with other people.

Its weird, its like I get distracted easier when I watch it by myself.

• I don't see the issue with it. I've gone a few times when I wanted to see a particular movie but none of my friends did.

• No never have. But I don't really see a problem with it, you're just watching a movie not hanging out and talking Lol. I have more of a problem eating out/shopping on my own, unless its just to the grocery store its awkward /:

• i have many a time,i didn't have anyone to go with but I don't wanna miss out on seeing a movie in theatres so I go alone.though it makes me feel like a total loser lmao >.<

• I haven't, but I would if the mood struck. You don't need anyone with you to enjoy a movie - plus it's dark in there! Remember people are usually more wrapped up in themselves than worrying about what you, a stranger, are doing..

• I went to the Hangover II by myself cause my friend was supposed to meet me but she lost her car keys so she couldn't come.

• I haven't, but I wouldn't be against it.

• yes, I did it 2 days ago LOL

• I always see at least a few people sitting by themselves at the movies. Maybe you're just not very observant. haha

• i have

• I have not because it's not recommended for girls to go to a movie theater alone here. I live in Egypt. But I don't have a problem with it though.