What is your style in a relationship?

What type of boyfriend or girlfriend are you? How do you treat your partner, what do you like to do together, are you the initiator or do you let your partner do most of the initiation. Are you take it slow type or wild raunchy bed rocking on the first date type? Share your relationship style.

Most Helpful Guy

• I admit sometimes I can act really stupid and selfish... But, don't we all at times? With my boyfriend I can be really protective, but he is the type to let people walk all over him (and he admits it, he just is too nice to stand up for himself. But he's a sweet person nonetheless) and both of us enjoy that I am able to stand up for and protect him. I am a romantic person by nature, and try to be sweet even though I can be an ass.. I find that a walk in a cemetery can be a very romantic date and, contrary to popular belief, you don't have to spend a lot of money to be romantic.

We waited about four months before we started sleeping together. (and once we started having sex, we did so so frequently the first few days that we had to stop because both of our asses were that sore) And I found, to my surprise, that I am a very sexual person..

In bed, well... I am a different person and so is he. We are both dominant and submissive and can take on either role at the drop of a hat. We are both masochists, and a little sadistic... We are entertained by the various elements of BDSM, and for us it isn't fun without pain. I absolutely love when things include blood, especially his.

(yes, people, I am gay. I'm actually the femme, even though I am the one who's more likely to turn your face into a pound of mince meat if you cross me or hurt the wrong person. I like pretty things, even if it's girls' clothes)

What Girls Said 8

• I guess the biggest part of a relationship for me is respect. Everything comes from respect.

I respect his beliefs, his ideas and his morals, so long as he does the same for me. I also respect his requests/wishes. If he wants time alone, or doesn't want me to go to a party with him then it's settled. We are two independent people and if we ever lose that side of ourselves we'll lose ourselves completely. I also respect his space, I don't use his computer or his phone unless he says it's okay. I don't go into his room or lay on his bed unless he doesn't mind.

I'm very much for mutual respect and equality in a relationship. Giving what you want to be given.

I also am a communicator. If I have a problem I'm not going to let it build up and become an argument. If my boyfriend does something that upsets me I'm going to stop him right then and there and (if we're in public ask to go to a different area with less people) tell him that it upset me. I'm not going to accuse him or yell at him or make him feel like he did something wrong (odds are he probably didn't realize it would bother me). But I will just let him know that I didn't like it and ask him not to do it again. The same goes for him if I ever do something wrong, or he has a problem I want him to come and talk to me. Arguing shouldn't be a part of a relationship, it should never need to get to the point of fighting.

As for my general attitude? I like to be kind and caring, I'm supportive and encouraging. My boyfriend wants to be an actor and I think that's great. I've done all I can to help him find auditions or join acting troops so he can learn more and get more publicity. I'm also willing to give everything I have to help take care of my boyfriend. I've worked myself to exhaustion to be there emotionally for my boyfriend and I don't regret it for a second because I know he's done the same for me. We decide together what to do and how to do it.

He bought tickets to our favorite band so we can see them on our anniversary so I said I'd cover dinner (it equals out to the same price, actually). I go and see him once a week so we can hang out and play D&D with his friends so during the weekend he'll drive down to see me.

I step in and take control when I feel like I should or need to (he's freaking out about something and I can help calm him down). But I also step back and let him work things out and go off on his own to take care of things when he needs to.

So it basically all boils down to understanding and respect, I suppose. Oh, and love. There is a lot of that, too.

As for sex- we had sex on our fourth date. I don't know why but we just had this really deep intense conversation and it just... felt right. We really felt connected and all that. But when I first had sex I waited till we'd been together nearly a year before I even touched his d***.

• You sound almost like a perfect girlfriend. I am a bit of a masochist and prefer a slightly more turbulent lover though. Fierce, over-emotional and slightly twisted. I think it is because my mom was this way and my grandma as well, as they say you always look for women that resemble your mother.

• Well communicating what you want in sex works wonders, I'll tell you! I know as long as I feel comfortable and as long as I know what's going on and there's something I can do or say to stop it I'll be fine doing just about anything... Just about. No peeing or stuff like that. That's just... No thank you.

• I'm such a late bloomer. I'm not experienced in the sexuality department, whereas most, if not all my good friends are. In a relationship, I've always been a little timid when it came to that stuff. Besides that, I try to treat my partner with respect and space. I feel like I shouldn't "bug" or "nag" the guy to death with useless stuff...so even though in the past I would call/text them everyday [ which wasn't an issue ], I didn't call/text them every hour or ask them to go all around town everyday.

Now that I've gone through a few relationships in high school, I'm a little more confident in what works for me. I still would like to be in contact with my boyfriend [ if I had one ] everyday, but I would also like to go out to places. I love going to restaurants, the mall, taking pictures, etc. I haven't really done any of those with my ex's. I would be the initiator when it comes to dates, but I would prefer the guy to initiate sexual things because I'm still unsure of what's "good" or "bad."

• I take things slow at first, but l'm a very sexual person so there's going to be lots of sexual stuff later on. I'm a very selfish person so I need a partner that isn't too giving cause otherwise I'd probably just start using him cause I could, so I need someone that can tell me to shut the f*** up if it's needed etc. So, yeah not a romantic type at all. I like talking to that person about stuff I don't talk to other people about so he'd have to bee able to have discussions about pretty much everything with me. I'm not a jealous person at all and I need my freedom so not a overly clingy relationship either. I think having a relationship with me is pretty challenging xD haha

• Honest, self-deprecating, sexual, and smart... sounds like my kinda girl actually. love your screen name by the way. what inspired you?

• Thanks.'The scene of the crime is your mind' Just something I wholeheartedly agree with. You know, our thoughts precede our actions :)

• Cool, and very true. Going to write that one down :-P

• Your question is really general so I'm going to focus on what kind of lover I am :P

According to my friend who knows a lot about love styles, I'm a "ludus lover", which essentially means that I like to have fun in relationships and love is a game. Ludic lovers generally recover quickly from breakups and whatnot. Because I'm ludus, sex is like a sport to me.

• I hate to admit I think I am one as well.

LOL @ sex is like a sport to me. Ye for me it is a mix between wrestling and wall climbing.

• LMAOOOO WRESTLING AND WALL CLIMBING? that's funny

• I take things kind of slow, bt after awhile, its whatever(; they have to be able to lsiten to me rant about my problems, then be there to wiipe the tears away. That way I know they care. I looove those kind of conversations thzt go for hours about anything. I will always be there to cheer you up with whatever is bothering you, because I can't stand to see you hurt. I am not the clingy type so I let you have some space because I trust you. I am only the serios type when needed so I joke around ALOT, so I will make you laugh a ton. It won't be a very serios relatiosnhip, but I can be myself. I will always be there for you (:

• I like to take initiative, but it always makes me feel good when the guy decides that he wants to pursue. It makes me feel really special, like I am worth something to him, and not just another random girl. I haven't had many serious relationships so I am not sure about what else.

• i like to take things slow, can be very affectionate once the trust has been established, love to watch movies together, running together, hanging out at the beach, or just being together, not necessarily talking. I like to give him space, I'm not the type to go through his email or his phone- I value privacy alot. I might feel a little insecure if he's around girls a lot but I wouldn't stop him from socializing the way he wants to. I'm not the type to be all over him 24/7 but if another girl tries to put a move on him while I'm there, you better believe she'll soon understand that he's taken :p

• I'm the type that takes the back seat, I follow him but that does not mean I sell myself short. I still get things done my way, but I do it so he thinks it's his ideas

What Guys Said 1

• Protector and caretaker, I'd say, in short. I'm also a forward planning and rooted thinker, so I tend to find myself in the role of the resident visionary, even if I'm bad at living in the moment, so I'm not the orderly organiser, just the keeper of the big picture. I also love being spoiled by a girlfriend, almost ad much as I love paying her back for it.

• And let it be known I give the best back rubs and scalp massages in all the land, and I've got Fri

• -grip strength to keep at it for ages. Bloody smart phone touch screen, posts before I'm ready.