Anyone else have trouble with eye contact?

So eye contact is important for communication, apparently...

Of course. We all know that.

Anyway, I've been noticing I am not good with eye contact at all. Usually I'm looking in the direction of whoever is speaking to me, but almost never at their eyes. And when I do try to look someone in the eyes, I find I can't maintain contact for more than a few seconds. anyone else have trouble with this? suggestions?

What Girls Said 1

• I only have this problem with people I really find attractive. It's like if they look me in the eyes they'll know I like them or that they're invading my personal bubble. I'm working on it now and I force myself to first try looking at them for 3 secs and the next time 5 secs I keep increasing the time until I start to feel comfortable. Remember to have confidence (people like confidence ^_^).

What Guys Said 1

• Have confidence seeping out of your body. Look sternly and directly into their eyes when you talk to them. Get over the shyness.

I used to be like you, but then I realized how beautiful and attractive girls' eyes can be, so I tell myself that having direct eye contact allows me the pleasure of looking at a beautiful pair of eyes, and that shyness won't stop me from this certain pleasure.