Do you imagine certain GAG users looking a certain way?

I just posted my first picture, I will probably take it down though...But, it got me thinking. I always imagine certain users on this site looking a certain way, when I see their answers and their questions I draw up a little mental image of them in my mind. Usually it's completely off though -_- Do you do this too, and is your mental image usually right or wrong? You can use me as an example since I just posted a pic, but I would be surprised if anyone had a little mental image of me :P Oh, and if I recognize you, maybe I'll tell you what my mental image of you is lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm...a question that I don't think I've seen the likes of here. Way to go! :)

Now to answer your question, yea, usually some sort of image usually pops up. A lot of questions tend to be anonymous as of late, so it is hard to verify how accurate my perceptions are. I guess I tend to think of girls as perky or something if their pictures appear happy (like yours kinda does). I also tend to image that they're on the younger side (20'ish or lower). But that's not necessarily due to the pictures, it's what I figure the demographics for the site are. As for guys, I guess I tend to think most are younger and the 'hunk' type like the painted dudes from Twilight. :P

And I don't look like a white-haired dude in a straight jacket. :P Though some say I probably should be in one at times, hehe.

What Guys Said 11

• i dont, because I've been suprised by finding out what they really look like in real life. BTW, your so cute :)

• Thank you! :) I've only ever seen your avatar and screen name, but your pictures are sort of how I pictured you! Means my mental images are not always so off :D

• is that in a good way? lol but really tho. mmm *bites lip* haha

• I guess? lol

• Yeah I do, never right though

• For some reason, I tend to associate people (who have pictures of others) as their picture. I don't imagine what they look like, and I don't know why. I guess you humans don't strike my curiosity in that way so I don't dive deeper than what I need to.

What do you think I look like? :P

• A baby! Lol, just kidding. I've seen your picture before so there's not any made up mental image :P

• But isn't the point of posting a picture to get rid of the mystery?

• Yeah, I guess baby me didn't think about that too much

• Yeah, come to think of it, I do do that. It's generally pretty close to how I figure it, surprisingly enough.

Heh. Doo doo.

• Anyone that I disagree with usually has a pointy nose. ;)

• Yeah, I do that too. I'm usually WAY off though, lol.

• I probably am too...your name and icon always make me think of some guy who is smart and likes church lol. The latter may not be the case, but it's the pope guy in your icon :P

• Nah he sounds more like an evil/ nerdy mastermind. No idea why.

• Every single time my mental image was not even close. I like people that post their pictures though, feels more natural to know who you are talking to.

• yea somtimes. People are usually more attractive then I picture lol

• I don't think I've even seen you around here. You've been here two years?

I generally do have mental images of users without profile pictures IF they have described themselves and I've caught it. Otherwise not really.

• Yes, I've been here a while, I'm not always so active ;)

I've not payed much attention to your answers but your beer icon has made me picture you as some college frat boy lol.

• lol I'm way older than that. :D

But I'm keeping this avatar up now for sure.

• I hope you enjoy the care package of viagra and propecia I sent you! (kidding kidding old man)

• Most people look generic unless their style is completely weird.

• What do you mean most people look generic? I think most people on this site look pretty unique to me.

• Yes I do.

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah, there are a few users I see here often enough that I kind of know their personalities, so I have a mental image of them.

That's why I have pictures on my profile, so people don't have to make up a mental image.

You look really cute in your picture, don't know why you'd take it down.

• Thanks, sometimes I just prefer to be anon, but idk, maybe it's a good change. You've always had pictures so I never made up a mental image, but I think you're pretty and your pictures make you look interesting :)

• Yea sometimes. I was talking to this one user on here and he's really insightful; he had some pictures up so I went to check them out and he was really cute lol

Another guy on here, I could've sworn he was black lol he wasn't ha ha...

• Sometimes, yeah. I'm sure my mental images of them are all completely wrong, though. Haha.

• hahaha, I don't really imagine what they look like but I certainly wonder...

there's this one user on here whose answers I really found hilarious, and when we became friends, I was able to see the pictures, and I really was surprised. it's kinda fun. :p

• I imagine users who have hilarious answers to be totally hot. Which I guess tells something about what I find attractive

• my mental images are NEVER close lmao. I wouldn't post a pic of my face (for long, at least) out of fear of some one I know recognizing me haha

• Have you read my answers? If you have, how do you picture me?

• No not really. I mean sometimes it crosses my mind "I wonder what that person looks like" but I don't usually have mental images of what they may look like.

• yea .there are a couple users on here whose images I try to compose in my mind.

• I sometimes do that. I never really check to see whether or not I'm right.

• There are a few I try to imagine & wonder what they look like. ;-)

• Not too much. However, I did think that Shaun would look like a pitcher of beer, and he does. ;D

• sure :P