Strange perception that people have?

Why is it that a guy of one ethnicity is called one thing whereas a guy of another ethnicity with the same feature is called something . For example I have this Asian friend of mine who's 5'7 and this American guy who's 5'7. The American guy is called short but the same people never call the Asian guy short ?

What Girls Said 1

• Well, American guy's are generally taller on average than Asian men. So 5'7 is short for an American male, because the average height I believe is 5'10+ but the average height for an Asian man is 5'7 and below - and 5'7 is pushin it a bit. Plus height is always associated with Americans, whereas there's the notion that Asian people are shorter.

• "pushin it a bit"?

me my fam and most my buds are 5'8 - 5'10. and thts just average

• That's the statistic I found. Asian men are just typically shorter - not all, but that's what the statistics say, and that's what I've mostly seen personally.

What Guys Said 1

• Well in that case the average male in the united states is 5'10 and in some Asian countries the average height is 3-5 inches shorter. Technically the Asian guy could be average height for his heritage, whereas the American is shorter than average. Its partially due to stereotypes though.