Is it possible to be gorgeous, but not in a pretty way?

Sometimes I ask my mom why guys rarely approach me... She says that I have this air of gorgeousness or princess vibe around me, but at the same time, I'm not the type of girl that guys my age find particularly pretty... She says young guys ( in their early 20s) go for the really loud girls or the really 'pretty' ones ( very thin, easily putting out) ... I don't kniw how I can possibly be gorgeous but not that particularly attractive to guys... Any ideas, people?

link

my picture...

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was younger, I had low self esteem and my body language showed that. Guys rarely approached me and it made myself esteem worse. (I don't know why I based my self worth on how attractive guys found me but whatever.) Now that I am older, I like myself and my body language shows it. I have confidence and I am friendly and approachable. Not just by guys but people in general. Now, I get hit on all the time. I admit that I have aged well but I was still hotter when I was younger I just didn't know it.

What Guys Said 5

• I actually go for girls who are the opposite to what your mum has described. I prefer more quiet girls who don't put out easily to any guy. Plus I like some meat on my girls lol. I think you're mum has focused more on your personality and who you are as a whole rather than your looks. I'm guessing you're the opposite to that of the girls who you're mum says guys my age go for? It's possible to be attractive but not have guys approach. The obvious answer is intimidation. Some guys may feel you are out of their league or that you already have a boyfriend. Why don't you try approaching guys and see how that goes?

• well this is my pic, and tell me what you would think... (girl on left)

link

• Well you are gorgeous, and exotic like one of the girls said. Different guys find different girls attractive. And just because you don't put out easily it does not mean you are not pretty. Maybe because you're not loud guys don't recognise you as much. Try putting yourself out there more. But there are definitely guys out there in their early 20's who are not looking for a quick lay and actually want something real. I would know, I'm one them. You just have to find them. Try to be more confiden

• I would say you need to boost your self confidence and know your self worth

I do agree with your mom saying that guys look for girls that easily put out

idk about very thing but def an easy lay

you sound like a nice girl so all you have to do is just be confident and friendly and dress the part and I promise you will have guys crawling for you (:

it'll make you and other people feel much better

I know it won't be hard but it will be worth it =)

• yeah you do seem pretty

all you gotta do is dress for your body and have that confidence!

• One of two things. Either she's lying to make you feel better, or you're one of those extremely hot girls that don't get approached much because guys don't think they stand a chance.

• link

im on the grl on the far right.

• i doubt any girl is too hot for no guy to approach

• this is another shot

link

• A picture is worth a thousand words, and one pic would tell me if your mom is right or just being nice.

• You've refered to other girls as 'loud'... so I take it you're quiet? Girls 'with voices' can be attractive, one of a girl's best attributes.

What Girls Said 3

• You're pretty, but maybe you have an intimidating look in person, or your body language makes you look unapproachable

• Honestly, I think you're rather pretty. You don't look like the stereotypical pretty young 20's girl (normally blond, overly tan, etc), but I don't understand why guys wouldn't approach you.

• you're beautiful and exotic. the fact that you are quiet probably means you don't put yourself out there enough and guys don't really know you like that. plus you have to add to the factor that most young guys are looking for sex so if you don't seem like the type who will give it up, why would they go for you if they're not gonna get laid? you're real pretty though I know guys find you attractive they just may not be motivated to approach or 2 intimidated