What does it take for you to like a guy?

Girls, what is it that attracts you to a guy, is it because he is caring and looking out for you, his looks, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls go more for the personality than they do for looks. 99% of girls will tell you that they are looking for a guy with a sense of humor. The guy also has to be driven and successful in his career, or on the right track. A little bit of mystery is definitely attractive; laying everything out there immediately is usually a red flag or a turnoff for a girl. It's really attractive when a guy stands up for a girl or is protective of her. Looks are important too, but they factor in with the other stuff!

• This one was the most informative in my opinion... Thanks

What Girls Said 7

• One of my favorite characteristics in a guy is humor. I almost always go for the funny, class clown kind of guy. I also like a guy with a unique style, mostly because I get creative with my wardrobe I like seeing a guy do the same. I just go for the genuinely unique, can't define, hard to describe, never know what to expect, adventurous, artistic, etc. But I am human so I also like a guy to be handsome and for me to be attracted to. One of the most important things is the way he interacts with others, and mostly me. If he isn't sweet, it's a deal breaker. These are just my personal opinions :)

totally found myself describing one person while answering this.

• If I see a good-looking guy it's usually just eye candy so I don't pay much attention at first. What really makes me think about a guy is if he goes out of his way to talk to me or help me, etc. I remember in my gym class one year, I didn't have any friends but one guy was really nice to me and that's definitely what won me over. It happens all the time, a compliment, a friendly gesture, anything to make the girl feel special.

• Well he has to treat me nice and I have to have that connection. It's just different than friend feelings and we have to be able to laugh and have an all around good time.

• A mix of humor, caring and protective behavior. If a guy can make me laugh, he automatically gets my attention. If I feel safe (in the sense that he is protective of me) and notice he's a caring guy I start to consider him as potential for something more then friends. Everything else are just bonuses.

I should mention that college education, determination and direction in life are pre-req. for this though, if he doesn't have these I most likely won't consider him as boyfriend material.

• all girls are different.

some girls might just want to use you for sex, until they find someone more fun.

some girls just want you for your genes, and get you to have a kid with them.

some girls want you for just money, status, to use you to get free pot/drugs or get you to do all their homework for them.

some girls are out there just to get free sex, and use you as a "slave"

whatever, what you really want (since you are so young) is to establish some good trusting friendships with girls. This will help you know what you want in a girl/mate and also help you to know yourself more by being their friends and helping them help you know yourself more (some times it helps by having a friend tell you what you cannot see in yourself).

Also I would suggest you ask girls/guys what they think would be the best fit girl for you. You need to get advice, and you need someone who KNOWS you some times, to give you good advice. What girls here can tell you is that... girls want a nice guy. But then again, you are under 18. I didn't date until I was 22 and I don't just want a nice guy. I want a nice guy, with morals, who isn't into drugs, who is willing to commit for life, who wants marriage, who wants financial responsibilities and has ambitions, he has to be super smart, has a VERY good career, and also he has to be taller than me and grooms well. Those are things women/not girls, women want in a guy.

But then you are still young, so that's why I'm telling you to figure yourself and girls out first, don't jump in too quickly on just one girl. You might make a mistake. I"m just saying. good luck

• Thanks for the advice :)

• Passionate/has interests, mysterious (not available all the time), fun to be with, has respect for me, cute/sexy etc :)

• there's never really one thing that I can put my finger on & say "thats it".

there's just something about him...his smile & eyes, the conversations you have, little quirky things about him that essentially are insignificant but you love anyways...

What Guys Said 0