Is arm hair really that big of a deal?

so, I'm dating a guy with zero to none body hair. I'm not hairy by any means and I shave what I need to. But I do not shave/wax my arms, I don't think I need to. I mean the hair on my arms are really fine, you can't even see them unless you're focusing on them. And this guy keeps bringing it up, he calls it fur and tells me there are creams for that kind of stuff. Now, I find this ridiculous. No one has ever made these comments to me because they're not a problem. I mean, he was no hair on his arms due to whatever genetics he has. so why is this a big deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a big deal to most people, sounds like that guy just has a weird issue about it. Sounds like he's just sensitive about a girl being hairier than he is.

• i'm not hairy lol, he's just remarkably hairless

• That's probably it, then. Guys who don't have body hair can take flak for it, I'd imagine he's just taking it out on you.

What Guys Said 3

• Everyone has things that are important to them and apparently this matters to him but I find it rather strange. If he's trying to change one thing about you it probably won't stop there. He'll find things about your looks or personality and continue to mold you into his image. I would suggest that you find someone who appreciates you the way you are and avoid the potential nightmare of trying to please someone who may never be satisfied.

• that's actually kinda what I'm worried about, I don't want him to think he can control me or change me because that's not going to happen

• Good. Stay that way...

Next time he brings it up just tell him that you are not going to do that. You can still be nice about it but stick with your choice. It's hard, but sometimes you need to be willing to let something (or someone) go in order to find happiness.

• The buy shaves his arms and legs?

• no. he just naturally doesn't have any body hair

• Oh OK but body hair is not a huge deal on a girl anyways.

• This sounds like a really swallow man. I would tell him to either shut up, or take a hike. You don't need a man that is going to try and change you.

• well...i'm not going to wax my arms, just really curious if other guys felt this way as well

• No. most guys aren't going to care.

What Girls Said 3

• I would point to his & say "Ya know they have stuff for that too--it's called Testosterone!" Maybe he'll get the point he's the one with the actual "hang up" & is being a total douche. :) If you actually care about the douche & think he does u, then I'd follow that up by saying something like "I don't point out things like that about you 'cause I like you for you & don't want to hurt your feelings & would appreciate you'd do the same."

• No, not a big deal. That is ridiculous of him.

• That's really weird. It's just because he doesn't have any.