A man who puts a lot of effort into his appearance or a slob who doesn't give a sh*t?

Do you prefer someone who puts a lot of effort into his appearance (e.g. goes to gym, styles his hair, looks after his skin, wears attractive clothes etc) or a slob who doesn't give a sh*t?

This question is aimed at girls (obviously).

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, I would totally date a guy with some work ethic, yes work ethic in his wardrobe and his hair. It helps a bit even if it's just 10 minutes a day. Doesn't have to be a lot of work but if you wake up and you roll out the door looking like a slob, chances are those type of guys aren't gonna get any looks from any girls I know...

What Girls Said 12

• If I had to choose between the two extremes, I would honestly rather a guy who takes care of himself. That being said, I'm not really into metrosexuals, emo boys, or guidos.

• Somewhere in the middle.

• I mean I would rather my guy not spend more time on his looks than I do but also would want him to at least be CLEAN like brush his teeth, shower, make sure he doesn't have drool on his face from sleep when he leaves in the morning...As long as he is healthy and hygienic I don't care if he doesn't give a crap about his hair style or clothing choices

• I'd rather have the slob who doesn't give a sh*t. I'm not being sarcastic, either.

My favorite look on a guy is this: skinny body, jeans, t-shirt, sneakers, messy hair.

Bam. That's perfection in my eyes.

• How about a hobo beard and a beer gut? :)

• I agree with u, I love a messy hair, I hate a guy all gay looking with gel on the hair and polo shirt, my friends even say how can you like that guy he looks dirty, but if the guy is cute and is messy I find it pretty sexy ;) not hobo looking but just casual laid back

• I'll say no to the hobo beard, I like clean shaven guys (though slightly scruffy is ok). I don't mind a little bit of a gut, but not a beer gut.

• Obviously I'm attracted to men that put a lot of effort into looking good. I don't understand why men that actually take care of themselves are categorized as 'metrosexuals' and 'narcissistic sissies' (to use some of the answers below me) but I think it's a shame because it discourages some men to look their best. Besides, I think that anyone who respects themselves will put an effort into their appearance and not let themselves become a slob.

• I'd rather stay single for the rest of my life than choose any of those. I'd hate both of those guys.

• I want a guy that cares a little bit, but I don't want the guy to be more into his looks than I am.

• Can't have him being the more narcissistic one in the relationship can we. It's competition.

• No, I don't want him to be so into his looks that it's too much.

• the slob since I'm a slob it would be the perfect match :)

• I'm attracted to guys who put a lot of effort into their appearance. I'm NOT attracted to slobs whatsoever because they are usually always unattractive.

• Middle - slob is kind of embarassing to take out and I dated a guy who cared to much to the point he actually told me he had to plan his outfits the day before or he just couldn't get ready! (yes he did look good) but he just cared way to much what people thought and it drove me insane! not fun at all!

• Neither? I like a guy who showers, and obviously takes care of himself to some degree. But I don't want a totally narcissistic who cares wayy to much about what he looks like.

• Put some effort in, just don't reach the extreme.

What Guys Said 1