Should I break up with him?

I Haven't been with him that long but there's something about this guy I'm dating that's been annoying me. I think its because he has this pseudo-intellectual attitude to him and I thought he was more laid back about things. he's always going into topics about people being superficial and society being taken over by the masses and people being followers and liking what society likes. And I guess apparently he's not like that. But the problem that irritates me is I feel like if I like a band or a movie that "society" likes he's judging me. Like the other day I told him I liked this rock band and he told me they were the worst rock band ever and was being so judgmental about it. Also he's been trying to get me to like some of the bands he likes and I just don't dig his modern day nerd rock music, and he was convincing me to go see them live with him. I was more open to it than he was going seeing something I like. I've also been noticing that whenever we watch a movie he's always almost criticizing it afterward. Critiquing the whole movie and what not and its just really annoying. I feel like everything has to be approved deem-able to him and that his opinion is valid or others. Its just really irritating since I feel like I can't have a normal conversation with him since I feel like he's always going to criticize me for liking a "superficial" band or artist. Does it really matter that much if I do? It doesn't define me as a person, and I see myself as a very intelligent person full of strong opinions, and he just makes me feel like I'm this generic person whose barbaric for liking certain things. Also he told me that he thinks people are consumed by money and let it rule there life and that money has no real value yet he drives an expensive car, wears expensive suits to work and goes to fancy upscale restaurants. And here I am in my vans shoes and I feel like I'm being judged for every little thing. I even asked him at one point if he even liked me and thought we were well matched and he said yes of course and to not worry about that and likes being with me, so I'm confused. Is he trying to change me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes!..i mean you should not be having to put up like him in that way..

What Guys Said 2

• If that's what it takes to keep your sanity, then yes.

• hahahaha yeah I know someone like that...told him to cool it or every girl will think your a nut

What Girls Said 1

• He is trying to change you. And know one should ever do that to a person. You are who you are and your comfortable with yourself. Fine someone who is also comfortable with you as well. He sounds like a manipulating, poor excuse for a man. High maintenance and just bitching about everything.