Is this dress skanky?

so I'm at my friend's grad party and I'm wearing this new dress (just uploaded a picture to my profile) and when I got here people were saying my dress was skanky in the back. what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree...it's not really appropriate for a graduation party.

• but why? the back is open, that's all. what's wrong with an open back?

• It's too open. There's not really much of a back. It might be more appropriate for a concert or a club.

What Guys Said 3

• I've seen worse but it is an oddly high amount of back shown.

• You got a great body people probably just jealous to be honest.

• Looks a little silly, but I wouldn't call it skanky.

What Girls Said 11

• not really skanky, just a little bit revealing. haters gonna hate.

• well I mean yeah I know it's not like for an amish woman but I didn't think it was that bad

• yeah exactly, I don't know why people have to say dumb stuff. I think you're just cute and people feel like they have to put you down to feel better about themselves.

• Wear a cardigan or something if you can't get away with that open back xx

• No I think it is fine. Don't wear it with a bra like you have there though, as that looks a bit strange with the straps showing.

• The cut of the dress is kinda weird from the back.. it's like you're only wearing a skirt and a bra. Depends on the dress code of the party.. but if you want to wear it, then wear it.

• No, I think it's cute. It's a little revealing but not skanky.

• It's fine, my dress showed all of my back for prom ( I was dating a senior) it was blood red and really long but it shoes a lot of back and leg so I would say yours is fine, they are just jealous they can't pull it off :)

• its kind of an odd cut, because it just looks like you are wearing a bra.

• no, but shows to much back

• No it's cute, you just need to wear a strapless bra

• yeah it really is

• the dress is not skanky. it's cute

it may have been that you werent dressed for the occassion. were other girls dressed similarly or did you stand out? if so, then they may not have been saying that the dress itself is skanky, but that it was skanky to wear it for that

• well it's a grad party; some people were wearing running shorts and a t-shirt, others were wearing skirts and dresses. there's not really a dress code per se, so no I didn't stand out. to lessen the rudeness of calling it skanky, people just tried to say that it's not something I would wear, so it's like skanky for me personally I guess. which is stupid cause it'd be conservative for some people, but of course the moment I wear it it becomes skanky.

• oh. then they were just hating!