What does "cute" mean to a guy?

Guys always call me "cute". Its never pretty, sexy or hot. I don't know why they only call me cute, and not use other adjectives as much. What does "cute" mean to a guy? I feel like I'm not attractive cause I feel like you call little kids cute :/

Most Helpful Guy

• cute is a form of endearment. some guys you know may have that dream girl which is a knock out rated about a 9 or 10 while a cute girl could rate anywhere from a 6 to 8+ . yes it may mean your not a knockout but pretty enough to catch his attention as well. most guys which is about 70?% are varying degrees of being shy and most that have a dream girl generally in the back of their minds know that they have no chance with that type of girl as a rule. (there have been exceptions though) so the guy will go for what he feels is more attainable and that's the cute girl. look at it this way you have 70% of the guys looking for girls like you t5o be with while the 9's and 10's only have 30% to work with. admittedly that 30% generally are the jocks ,badboys,jerks and man whores. while the 70% is mostly comprised of nice guys that might be shy to varying degrees , yes the dorks,geeks,and nerds so to speak with a smattering of actually nice looking guys that just are clueless about girls. nice thing about it these guys are the better pics in many cases. they make better husbands ,fathers and providers in the long run than that upper 30% generally do.

some guys may say cute to cover themselves because they've been rejected or even chastized because they told the girl they were smoking hot or something similiar . and it has been said that some girls don't like that to be said to them but called pretty or beautiful instead.

again in todays dating climate many guys would rather say she's as cute because its safer and less likely to get them galled by the girl. and it doesn't mean your not good looking either.

always...always ... remember this beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. that means a girl on the looks dept could be a 2 or 3 but have the best personality and still in the eyes of a guy still be cute/beautiful or even gorgeous by his perspective. while some one else may look at her a wonder what the nice looking guy sees in her. its all subjective.

when you find the right guy he'll make you feel like your a number 12 because he'll treat you like a princess as you should be if he really likes(loves you). and there are a lot of those nice type guys out there they sometimes are just hard to spot because they kep a low profile inb many instances.

hope this helped incourage you.

What Guys Said 7

• i use cute as a reference because sexy and hot can sometimes come off as trying too hard and girls who get those compliments think of the guy hitting on them. and I also use it to throw the hint around that I'm attracted and its a bit safer to use so it doesn't come off as a threat.

• Sometimes cute is a way of saying " I dig u". It is not always practical to use words like hot or sexy because it lays all the cards on the table.

• To me, cute means sexy with innocence and youthfulness. I love cute girls. "cute sexy" > "hot sexy".

For example:

Nina dobrev and Candice accola are "cute sexy"

Angelina Jolie and Megan fox are "hot sexy"

I think it's a maturity difference.

Some guys use as a rating of like 6-8 though.

• You also call kids 'little sh*ts', but that doesn't seem to phase you much. Cute is sexy. Cute is hot. You're over thinking and placing words in the wrong place.

Examples of cute:

link

link

• I usually say cute because it means that I want to have a relationship with them secretly but I kinda want anybody to know but that is just me

• i use Cute to mean perfect, an girl is attractive, great body and a great personality all wrapped up in one package

Hot is was I use for like Celebrities, people I will never be in contact with but are still attractive.

Beautiful is for the girl I know I want to be with.

• I have never in my life called an unattractive female cute...cute would be a good thing...I would be willing to date "cute"...

What Girls Said 3

• Really? I never get cute, probably because I'm a bit intimidating. I get beautiful more than cute huh I dunno, I'm guessing cute means a nice smile and a nice body and a great personality all together. I think a guy says it when he likes you but isn't ready to admit it yet :)

• I get cute a lot too I figure it cos I'm small . shrugs

• I think "cute" is a guy's way of saying beautiful, pretty, and nice all in the same word.

For girls it means something totally different because we call anything small and adorable "cute".