Any hair care tips to grow hair out?

I'm trying to grow my hair out.. I need tips and suggestions more than just the basics (dont shampoo a lot, condition.) thanks:)

Most Helpful Girl

• well, first of all to begin with don't cut your ends unless they are split or damaged otherwise you'll be trimming the little growth your hair grows each month which is approximately half an inch, which equals to 6 inches a year. Since your hair and nails is made out of keratin protein I suggest you eat all the protein you can because if your hair is made out of it, it only makes sense to get your daily adequate amount of protein daily. Get all your vitamins and minerals, I suggest you take all of em together as they tend to work better as a team rather than just taking a single vitamin. Though the vitamin I suggest for you for healthy hair growth is biotin, it works wonders. Everytime you shower also rinse with rosemary, rosemary is known for hair growth properties as well. And a good combination with rosemary would be to boil half cup of olive oil with rosemary to make rosemary oil, and you can massage this oil onto your scalp, always remember that by massaging your scalp you'll bring blood flow which in turn brings nutrients to your hair. It would also help to do a weekly hot oil treatment so your hair would be well moisturized and I usually use olive oil, if I don't happen to have a conditioning mask for my hair, but olive oil works just as great just heat up about 1\4 cup in the microwave for 30 sec. so it wouldn't be to hot to work with. Another oil that is said to grow hair is castor oil, this oil you'll find at a grocery store in the section of the laxatives because it's used as a laxative as well, apply castor oil to your hair(I usually heat it up a little) 1-2 times a week for about an hour, then the next week for week 2 you would leave it on less maybe half an hour. I won't mention any more oils as people don't like to work with them as much because they make their scalp feel greasy. Other than oils, having a healthy diet, exercise as it will bring blood flow throughout your body which is great blood circulation, lots of water, and definitely most of all patience!

-happy hair growing, if you have anymore questions contact me, I have several more tips that I just couldn't put on here ^_^

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• If you detangle your hair before washing it, it'll be easier to dry and style as well as decrease the knots and tangles after you are done washing your hair.

Don't rub your hair dry with a towell, instead blot the water out of your hair, when you rub, it'll cause your hair to tangle.

Hair can get caught on cotton pillow cases and break when you are sleeping especially if you toss and turn a lot when you sleep. Using a satin or silk pillowcase where your hair will make it so that hair will slide across the pillowcase without getting caught. Another tactic to prevent breakage is to put your hair up in a ponytail on the top of your head with a scrunchie or specially treated band (that prevents breakage).

• Getting rid of your dead ends can really help keep your hair healthy and growing fine!

• First off, you are what you eat, and that really shows through in your hair. If you eat healthy, it will promote healthy hair that will grow faster and suffer less from damage. Also, the basics are right, condition, condition, condition! I have long hair and I use a deep conditioner in the shower and a leave in condition afterward. Also, when your hair is still wet, don't brush it- your hair follicles are at their weakest point, so instead use a wide tooth comb. Also, make sure you trim it regularly- this also promotes hair growth and helps you hair be healthy- if you don't all you will have is a bunch of overgrown split ends. Hope this helps :)