Is dying your hair bad for your hair?

I want to dye my hair , I have naturally long black hair... well not black but very very dark brown hair to the point it looks black sometimes... Will this color show up on my hair ?... I am going to a salon to get it done... I heard from a friends that having your hair dyed will make it break off really bad and damage it ... is this true?--heres the hair color I want ...---- link

Most Helpful Girl

• probably try I new cut but I woulnd`t dye it 1. because I think dark haired girls looks best with their natural colour or probably even darker colours and 2. it will damage your hair and if you dye it once you always have to dye the roots or if you let it grow out it will look strange...

What Guys Said 1

• why change your hair color? really dark brown is my favorite hair color personally

• well I want to try something different, my birthdays coming up lol

What Girls Said 3

• What is great about getting it lightened at a salon, is that they are going to use stuff to lighten your hair that will lessen the damage. I think it will show up, but first they are going to need to lighten it.

• Well to add a lighter color ro our hair you would need to bleach your hair...which really damages it...once you bleach your hair the color never comes back...It makes your hair weaker and it will start to break off...My friend had to bleach her hair and she said that it was the worst thing she has ever done lol

• yes it is damaging to your hair, it'll get rough and no longer have that lust