Hair removal products?

I'd like to see if there are any good products out there for hair removal (legs) for sensitive skin. So has anyone tried any? Good/bad? I'm sick of shaving all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I tried a hair removing spray... it gave a really burning sensation and smelled awful, but it worked for a few days. Tried waxing, for me waxing is less painful than plucking a single hair with tweezers. Shaving is best for things that get very smooth, following up with an aloe body wash. The waxing lasted the longest, spray second longest, then shaving, but I personally gave up on shaving, pain in the rear for me and I'm too prone to ingrown hairs even when using aloe body wash (still love that body wash though). So instead of using any of these things I use a hair trimmer, it gets fairly close, but definitely not smooth like girl legs should be =P.

And on a side note to this all, I was curious what sorts of things/pain scale women subject themselves to, I don't go around with hairless body everywhere, I only tried two patches for both of those products, purely out of curiosity.

I've heard nair is the best, because it lasts longer, there is no major burning feeling, and it keeps hair gone for longer than a razor. But if you can handle waxing I'd suggest that.

Best of luck to you. =)

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 10

• Nair usually works but make sure you don't use hot water when cleaning it off or after (even spraying hot water on your legs) because it does burn A LOT. I always see better results with nair than I do with veet. I usually get the coco butter one. If you have sensitive skin (I do too but everyone is different) I suggest trying a little piece on your legs and see how you react. I've been using nair on and off for years and sometimes I do break out but that's usually when I have an allergic reaction to something else already so its best for you to just test it yourself.

• I wax my legs. Its cheaper than shaving, and it is so much less work. It's a little painful at first, but you get used to it. I'd recommend sally hansen All Over Body wax kit. Although if you go to any beauty supply store, sugar wax is better for sensitive skin and comes off easier. Hope this helps!

• waxing is best...it removes hair for the roots for a much longer period. like you will be hari free for 20 days... it has no chemicals so is safe for your skin. if you don't like hot wax...cold wax strips do come...like veet wax strips? I would really advise you not to see hair removal creams... they are very strong ...what do you expect of creams that dissolve your hair in 5 minutes...(shivers!)

• I highly recommend Nair Microwaveable Sugar Wax. Works really well, cheap... And it also works great on arms. Hair grows back thinner and lighter!

• There's a type of wax called Nad's(selled at walgreens) which is natural and you don't have to heat it since it's sort of a gel. It work's really good and it does not over use the skin.

• Might have to try that. How bad does it hurt?

• It all depends on how much hair you have but I know that since it's gel it's way softer on the skin; so you don't feel like your skin is being ripped off plus you can not get burned.

• really the only depilatory that's in wide use is Thioglycolate. If I were u, I'd save up for laser hair removal or waxing. If you keep up with the waxing you do grow less hair. I get my bikini line waxed.Best thing I ever did

• I plan to look into the laser hair removal when I'm older.

• when you get your bikini line waxed do you go to a salon or do it yourself?

• I definitely go to the salon although I'd say doing it yourself would be easy since it's not that large of an area

• I tried Sally Hansen's hair remover cream. It worked really well for me. I have really sensitive skin and it didn't make me break out or anything. I highly recommend it.

• waxing, it keeps your legs smooth for about 2 weeks

otherwise veet and nair are pretty good too

epilators are painful but they get to the root of the hair and keep your legs smooth for about a week

• Either wax or hair removal creams :) or you could pluck but that would take like a day for legs

• Nair works! Why not just get waxed?