Is stupidity becoming a fashion?

I think tupidity is glorified while intelligence is mocked.

( I might be wrong, but I just can't comprehend)

For instance how in the hell did Jersey Shore become a show and stay a show? It's just a bunch of guidos and whores getting wasted and sleeping with each other and strangers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people just watch it for the drama; I can't stand two minutes of it, but I watch other seemingly mind numbing shows like Bad Girls Club ^^

It's all just for entertainment. Obviously in our lives real time, if you got some sense, your not gonna walk around being a guido or acting like a whore, because you have ( or should have,) more class. So, seeing these other people do it, is almost like a way for us to ponder and comprehend a lifestyle we ourselves wouldn't follow.

What I don't understand as far as Jersey Shore - is how the hell Snookie became a celebrity? Everyone talked about Snookie like she'd ended world hunger or something. The least she could do is be talented at something - her and Paris Hilton. Just sayin.

But people feed into that type of entertainment for the reason I spoke about above. Doesn't make them any less intelligent though.

I've yet to encounter anyone being mocked for having considerable smarts; usually those are the types of people who are investigating gruesome murders, rescuing some city in distress, or enlightening the world with scientific documentaries and such. All that makes for good TV :)

What Girls Said 4

• You are wiser beyond your years... Congrats !

• I feel like music is worse these days.

• What type of music are you into?

• ps I'm also into ritchie valens, and buddy holly lol. can you suggest any good songs?

• *good songs that you like.

• "Revenge of the Nerds"

• Well you spelled 'tupidity' wrong, and I'm a straight A student with a 4.0 but I still watch Jersey Shore just to laugh at the things I'll never do. There's nothing wrong with that.

What Guys Said 5

• how did any of these dumb ass "reality" shows stay on as long as they have. the majority of people out there have sh*tty taste in things, music is the same. it's lowest common denominator garbage that gets pushed the most in the name of commerce and ratings. yes, stupidity is glorified unfortunately.

• I think it may be but I know a lot of intelligent people who watch the show for the drama and to make fun of those idiots. I don't think anybody actually thinks those people are cool. I'm sure real Italians think they're f***ing retarded.

• never watched it... but then I'm near the top of my class so w/e. But plenty of smart people watch it, the majority of the people in my AP english class watch that show, I just never did

• Well, I think you're onto something; not necessarily in regards to the glorification of stupidity, but in the aspect that intelligence is mocked.

Take for example a person who studies hard and does well in school; he/she is mocked and frowned down upon as the "nerd" and will generally be treated as an outcast along with the other so called "nerds".

In regards to the social end of things; intelligent people get the short end of the stick.

• Are you sure that most viewers aren't mocking their stupidity?