Is it OK to wear the same clothes as last year?

I'm in high school, and the school I go to is basically like a fashion runway every day. Girls here notice if you wore the same outfit three weeks ago. In the past, I have been able to keep up with the trends, but this year, my family has had to restrict our spending since we cannot sell our second home. Is it OK for me to wear the same clothes that I wore last year?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it is, silly. If you can't afford new, then you wear what you have. The trick is to mix & match...& rematch. Now you will find out if you have any real creativity. You need to look at the new fashions & then look at what you have. Then, look at what your mom & sisters have. Sometimes you have to do a little trading & borrowing (*ask first). Accessorize is the key. Go to Goodwill... and 2nd hand stores for scarves, Tees & bags, jewellery. You can do this. One of the hot fashion trends now is hardware store jewellery, but chic. You can make it yourself. Go on-line to get info, Some are stunning, and run $500 & up. You can make it for $4 to $10. You could even sell some old stuff at a consignment shop.

You can do it!

What Guys Said 7

• It's OK for you to wear the same clothes that you wore last year

• yeah what I do is just mix it up with some accessory so it looks a little different

who cares if they notice? You can't stop people from talking

people will talk regardless just do you

• I wore the same pairs of shoes throughout 4 years of high school. Who are they to judge you by what you wear? I'm sure you have real friends that could care less if you are wearing the same thing as last year, they are the ones who matters. Who cares about the other people. It's your life, just keep your head up.

• I don't think so :-/ You should try to find a job, I did that myself because it was impossible to keep up with trends with only 200 dollars a month..

• I wear the same clothes that I did from middle school lol

• if they still look new and are up to date with current fashion,then YES

• Girls CAN be mean...be yourself!

What Girls Said 8

• Of course it is. Anyone who has a problem with it is a superficial idiot.

• I still wear clothes I had when I was 13, which was 8 years ago. It doesn't matter how old the clothes are as long as they still fit, are in good shape, and you like them.

• Well you don't really have a choice so I guess you're gonna have to. It's not ideal at all. The only way I'd say that's OK is if all your clothes are like basic plain jeans, shirts, t-shirts, crewnecks and stuff because then all you'd have to do is pair them with new trendy accessories. Try to mix and match and visit the sales rack in stores like Old Navy, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Kohls and even thrift stores. You can get really cute finds for very cheap.

• Yes. Of course it is.

People at my school don't give a damn though lol

I'm taking college courses right now at a community college and nobody here gives a damn about other people. They are in their own little worlds, but in a good way. They just "don't care" about irrelevant things.

College is much better about that type of stuff.

• Change into another school...

No, I'm kidding (well, not really).

Anyway, it's okay to wear the same clothes.

You can always mix and match to create new outfits.

• oh sure! maybe you could branch into your own style with some funky clothes from stores like forever 21 where they are really cute and affordable to mix and match stuff and also inexpensive accessories? they have cute trendy stuff there that isn't name brand but it would help to mix things up with your clothes from last year.

• of course it is!

i have some favourites which are many years old

if you want to wear which looks new buy something cheap when it is on sale or wear some "old" clothes with cool new cheap! accessoires

• Yes. Looking back, after you finish high school, you are going to realize one thing that is true 100% - IT DOESN'T MATTER. High school does not count for anything when you're at college & in the real world.

If someone notices you wore clothes from LAST year then they must have one hell of a memory. Wear your clothes proudly. :-) Screw the rest.